Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

Returned from a trip crossing four states. Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado along the I-80/I-76 corridor. Forget about the difference in state fuel taxes and look at price strategies. It's hilarious. Illinois of example prices E-85 like race gas and basis its price on octane. Iowa/Nebraska pricing is based on ecology and is dirt cheap. Couldn't find a source in Colorado. Weird as the new California! Nebraska offers E-0 fuels in every octane above E-10 alcohol free cheaper than Iowa offers high octane with alcohol. Iowa charges premium for E-0 as does Illinois. Colorado doesn't offer alcohol free, not that I could find. 

Gas price isn't about politics, but the Commander in Chief does get blamed for it. I think people believe he sets the price of porkchops too.  Wonder what the dinner conversation is around his table. :lol: Strawberries look cheap dear, think I'll raise the price tomorrow. :idiot:

Greed verses the Economic Vote is the battle. Royal Dutch Shell or whoever vs Grumpy Bear and the rest of the population! I know this and love to drive so I keep letting them take advantage of that willingness to be self-serving. Seems about 360 million people agree in ignorance, or they wouldn't blame one guy for it. They'd blame themselves. 

:rant:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Returned from a trip crossing four states. Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado along the I-80/I-76 corridor. Forget about the difference in state fuel taxes and look at price strategies. It's hilarious. Illinois of example prices E-85 like race gas and basis its price on octane. Iowa/Nebraska pricing is based on ecology and is dirt cheap. Couldn't find a source in Colorado. Weird as the new California! Nebraska offers E-0 fuels in every octane above E-10 alcohol free cheaper than Iowa offers high octane with alcohol. Iowa charges premium for E-0 as does Illinois. Colorado doesn't offer alcohol free, not that I could find. 

Gas price isn't about politics, but the Commander in Chief does get blamed for it. I think people believe he sets the price of porkchops too.  Wonder what the dinner conversation is around his table. :lol: Strawberries look cheap dear, think I'll raise the price tomorrow. :idiot:

Greed verses the Economic Vote is the battle. Royal Dutch Shell or whoever vs Grumpy Bear and the rest of the population! I know this and love to drive so I keep letting them take advantage of that willingness to be self-serving. Seems about 360 million people agree in ignorance, or they wouldn't blame one guy for it. They'd blame themselves. 

:rant:

Funny I’m hearing the president is about to release 1 million barrels of oil. Around here it’s trending down. Of course it was under 2$ 4 years ago. How long is the next election away ? Of course there’s no transportation cost for shipping food? So high fuel prices don’t affect food prices? Which states have higher fuel prices? Which state’s are losing population? Funny it’s the same party the president belongs to. No it’s not political.😳

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...