Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Up 80 cents a gallon over the last few fills. 40 cents on this single. Now $3.55

Ethanol prices are a $1.08 higher here than dads. There is only a 38-cent difference in taxes between these two locations. Presidents do NOT have any control over GREED! :mad:

Only when there’re knee deep in it.

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

The consumer calls it greed. Business world calls it free enterprise. They both suck.

Some call it the market. Supply and demand. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:09 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Up 80 cents a gallon over the last few fills. 40 cents on this single. Now $3.55

Ethanol prices are a $1.08 higher here than dads. There is only a 38-cent difference in taxes between these two locations. Presidents do NOT have any control over GREED! :mad:

I was considering to get a cheap car that's good on gas.  Not sure which one.  It would have to carry a lot, and it would have to have gobs and gobs of horsepower or else it would be terrible.  Any recommendations?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 7milesout said:

I was considering to get a cheap car that's good on gas.  Not sure which one.  It would have to carry a lot, and it would have to have gobs and gobs of horsepower or else it would be terrible.  Any recommendations?

A mini van 

• Like 1

One station is saying screw you to everyone and still hanging out at $2.67 for 87 octane, the place across the street has 88 octane for the same $2.67. Across town less than a mile is $3.09 a gallon for 87 octane.

gassed up at my local station this am that has the lowest prices that I've seen, They were up 4cents from the other day to $2.89 for 87. When I commented to the owner he said he was trying to start a price war with the other local stations but had no takers so he went up. Local speedway $2.97 with rewards card others $2.99 or more

Gas is up 70 cents a gallon from its low. It has been fortunate that the weather, for the most part, has been cooperating with a warmer than normal winter. For a good while the increase in price per gallon was being offset, in my case, by an equal increase in economy percentage wise to hover a near stagnate fuel cost per mile.  That, however, has reached its limit. :crackup:I'm losing ground if it goes up a penny more.