Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

4 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

High $4.00's and over $5.00 in most areas in Western Washington. Our Dictatorship government finally reached their goal of having the highest gas tax in the USA. Don't think it will ever be back in the $3.00 range.

Oh, there's a few ahead of Washington. California, Illinois, Indiana and Pennsylvania then Washington. :) 

image.thumb.png.699fd8cb3d9395e58f82e9f5402adfe6.png

13 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Went to the big city yesterday, $2.63 85 oct. Top Tier. Still $3.50 in our small town, 85 oct. Top Tier.

85? I'm guessing that's only because of your location / elevation... Should you even run that in a newer vehicle, even at the higher elevation?

35 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

In Colorado, 85, 87, and 91 oct. forever. No issues.

I can run 85 with my turbo L3B 2.7L turbo with no issues unloaded, operating from 10,000-7000' msl. In summer when I go back to Texastan in summer scanner saw no issues. No detonation. Oil analysis confirms observations.  If one has a HP engine and operating at its limits in summer here you'd want more octane. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Western Washington. Our Dictatorship government

Gosh democratic republics are so difficult when they aren't burger king like. You need to get out of the country more often....LOL