Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

During my travels recently starting in the state of low taxes and happiness, Texas. 3.09 per gallon. Ending in Fayetteville NC. Around 3.50 per gallon. Representing the most I paid per gallon. The flow of traffic was mind blowing on the interstates. Even through speed checks 80-85 mph. I didn’t want to stem the flow so I would match when hitting the fast lane. Settling back to 72-75 in the right. 

Edited by KARNUT

went down .10 yesterday pretty much everywhere. Newspaper says diesel/heating oil reserves are 63% below average here in New England and all it will take to cause a major shortage is for the gulf coast refineries to get shut down by a hurricane. 24% of the homes in Massachusetts still heat with oil and more than 60% in Maine so it may be a tough winter. Diesel still right around $5 now and heating oil is around $4. That's a tuff nut for some ppl to find the $ to fill a 275 gallon oil tank every month

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, richard wysong said:

a 275 gallon oil tank every month

Wow.  Does it really take that much?  I ask, I have no experience with that kind of heating.

If it were that much, at $4 a gallon, I'd have to marry an Eskimo woman.

If anyone cares Opec just flipped our idiot in chief the bird and will be cutting back production. This means price increases and our reserves are just about all used up now. I guess we should just hope nothing happens, as i don't think our military runs on batteries!

The 100,000 barrels a day is only reversing the 100,000 barrel a day increase they did one month ago, it literally means nothing.

The market was down $5 a barrel today anyway, lowest since Feb. It's complete randomness for the ups and down because all it takes is someone opening their mouth and giving an opinion for the markets to take a turn. They don't work on facts or real time data, they just spit hot garbage to make the market do whatever.

• Thanks 1

$3.75 where I live and $4.65 for diesel. 88 octane is $3.45 and going up north I found E85 for a mere $2.44 a gallon.

Where the local gas price war is going on in the south east metro it's down to $2.96 but I ain't driving 45 miles away to get fuel lol.