Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

Been kind of satisfied with the 4.8L here of late.  I'm fighting an evap system issue of late, so I've been driving it more than usual to resolve that.  As I have to do emissions in September.  

I knocked out a 17.8 mpg tank, 100% suburban driving, driving miss daisy style though.  But thought that was pretty darn good.

Then I filled it, took it to my son's college to move him in.  Some steady driving on the interstate.  Then came home and picked up a uhaul car transport and hauled his G35 to a local shop I trust.  Must have been about 30 miles towing the car transport (but only maybe 10 miles with the G35 on it).  Then I let my youngest drive it to school, and my G35 son drive it on a date with his gf (his car was in the shop).  I refilled it and that tank hit 17.4 mpg.  The long steady highway run must have been in the 20's to offset the slight bit of towing and sons driving.  I drove it once before on a long highway trip for my Paw and got 21 something on the interstate (I think it was).

So, pretty impressed with the 4.8L.  I put a Borla muffler on it for my dad before he passed and it sounds nice too.  Not too loud, just right.  Sounded like it put on it's big-boy pants versus the stock muffler.  

Gas was ~$3.60 a gallon for those 2 tanks.

Diesel is dropping.  I think I paid $4.38 or there abouts when I filled up yesterday.  Other places seem to be dropping as well.  This place is right across from where the tankers come to fill up so maybe that's why these 2 stations seem to drop first.  Towed my cargo trailer to my buddy's to install a winch in it DIC said I got 10.0-10.5ish mpg.  Same trailer with an Audi in it got me about 9.5-10 according to the DIC 4 or 5 months ago.  So the truck doesn't care what's in the trailer I guess :)