Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

35 minutes ago, richard wysong said:

My best friend who has been roofing for 45 years routinely replaces roofs that are only a few years old  to prep for solar installation so that they don't have that problem.

Nothing says “I’m saving the planet” like throwing away a perfectly good roof that’s only a few years old.

I suppose it makes about the same amount of sense as throwing away perfectly good ICE cars for environmentally toxic EVs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7milesout said:

I guess you don't, never have, and never will ride a motorcycle.  The gas sipper is INFINITELY safer than riding a motorcycle pal.  And I've probably put 50k miles on motorcycles (and raced them when I was younger).

In my youth, riding a motorcycle would have been a death sentence.  My muscle cars were faster than motorcycles and those got me into enough trouble!  Nowadays, no motorcycles for me still, too infirm to ride them.

Edited by swathdiver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

In my youth, riding a motorcycle would have been a death sentence.  My muscle cars were faster than motorcycles and those got me into enough trouble!  Nowadays, no motorcycles for me still, too infirm to ride them.

I’m with you there. I did have dirt bikes, one street. I could see real quick that wasn’t a good idea.

• Like 3

If a hurricane spins up in the Gulf and heads towards production/refining, prices will jack again. If it's true, as I hear, Europe cuts back on purchasing Russian petro, then prices will go up again. Don't forget if a refinery has an issue. Things been going fairly smooth right now. All we need is a fire to knock a chunk of refining production

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40-50cents drop doesn’t make me all that excited. Getting back under 3$ that would be exciting. Speculation of a Mideast deal helped with the drop. Turns out that was smoke. We’ll see.

• Like 2

I saw 3.72 in Waco last week. Finally arrived in my neck of the woods this week. One station with a 3.67 cash price. 20 cents higher by credit card. I’m baffled by the concept. Go in give 20 dollars your not full. Seems ultimately the gas station loses money.