Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

I took out the Avalanche it needed gas. My Kroger’s is next to my farther  out walking trail. The first to increase prices is now 4.69 the rest are 4.59 the 4.09s are gone. I held out thinking the mention of the presidents trip to the Middle East would lower the prices of gas. I usually put the nozzle on low while checking the oil. It was passing 70$. That was 3/4s full. I don’t know how working people do it. Its going to once a month from 2-4 times a week being driven. 

Edited by KARNUT

23 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

wait til you see the prices in the Fall, you might want to pick up a cheap motorcycle before prices get insane

The CRV can get 30 mpg in town with a light foot. I imagine my trip this August east should have much less traffic. They’re talking shortage now. That would be devastating. 

I don't even look at the price half the time since there's not a whole lot that I can do about it. That being said the wife and I don't really go many places either, and neither of us are far at all away from our respectable jobs. I've always tried to have employment close to home that way I don't have to stress about these kinds of things as much. Some people aren't as lucky though.

We also don't use anything lower than 89 octane in any of our four vehicles either. The 1500 Silverado & Mazda CX-5 get 89, the Cruze gets either 91 or 93, and the 2500 Silverado (which I haven't started driving yet) uses diesel.

Edited by Daryl Z71
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Daryl Z71 said:

I don't even look at the price half the time since there's not a whole lot that I can do about it. That being said the wife and I don't really go many places either, and neither of us are far at all away from our respectable jobs. I've always tried to have employment close to home that way I don't have to stress about these kinds of things as much. Some people aren't as lucky though.

We also don't use anything lower than 89 octane in any of our four vehicles either. The 1500 Silverado & Mazda CX-5 get 89, the Cruze gets either 91 or 93, and the 2500 Silverado (which I haven't started driving yet) uses diesel.

You can do something about it , choose the right person when you vote 

• Like 1

Off subject so excuse me.

A restaurant in our small town re-opened recently after the Covid. Prices are up %30-%40 from pre- Covid.

Won't be going there anymore.

• Like 2