Hey there everyone. I'm having issues with my 2017 chevy silverado 1500. On Tuesday afternoon I parked my truck at home. And later that evening I walked up to my truck, since I was planning to grab some dinner. However, when I tried unlocking it with my fob, nothing happened. I found it strange, since that had never happened before. (I've had this used truck for 6months) and never has that happened before. So I had to insert my key to open it, and I tried to turn it on, and again nothing. Engine didn't turn on, no lights on, no dim. Nothing. 

We figured maybe just the battery, so we had to jump cables, which with that it turned on. We drove over to our local auto advance to purchase a new battery, since the other one was old (used truck) and when I go to shut off my truck I turn the key, and take it out. And the engine stayed on.

We found it super strange. Only way to turn it off was disconnecting the battery. We purchased a new one, and after it was hooked the same issues.

It runs fine, but after taking out the key engine stays on. I've had diagnostics ran on it and Noone can find the solution. I believe it may be a malfunction with the remote start. Because when the truck is on (without the key) it's only the engine. Meaning it's not drivable. I can't drive it off, unless I insert the key. 

I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...