OK, If GM Was NOT an Option ..??

1 hour ago, the wanderer said:

You're projecting your own missunderstanding of how ET works onto Ram, and thinking they're making false claims. They're not. The claim is: up to 140 lb/ft of torque for the first wheel turn or so. It's a short term bump in torque that helps you off the line while the engine is building RPMs, and factually, that increase exists.

Writing in bold doesn't make you right, it just makes it funnier when you're wrong.

Do you have ETorque?  Ya I thought So. That’s a NO! I am just giving YOU a real world perspective. He has had both and it does nothing for him. I have driven both and can’t see a difference either. It truly unbiased statement. It’s a waste of money. Coming directly from his mouth. 

All you want to do is argue because it hurts your little Ram feelings. Hell you don’t even own a damn Silverado, yet you come on these forums just looking to argue.  Instead of “the wanderer” you should change your name to “the arguer“.  I wrote it in bold because you obviously have no idea if it helps or not because your truck doesn’t even have it, yet you act like you do. Now that’s funny!!  

I love trucks and vehicles in general but you don’t see me on other sites. I own a GM truck. That’s why I’m on this site. Have a great night and go argue with someone else. 

21 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Do you have ETorque?  Ya I thought So. That’s a NO! I am just giving YOU a real world perspective. He has had both and it does nothing for him. I have driven both and can’t see a difference either. It truly unbiased statement. It’s a waste of money. Coming directly from his mouth. 

All you want to do is argue because it hurts your little Ram feelings. Hell you don’t even own a damn Silverado, yet you come on these forums just looking to argue.  Instead of “the wanderer” you should change your name to “the arguer“.  I wrote it in bold because you obviously have no idea if it helps or not because your truck doesn’t even have it, yet you act like you do. Now that’s funny!!  

I love trucks and vehicles in general but you don’t see me on other sites. I own a GM truck. That’s why I’m on this site. Have a great night and go argue with someone else. 

So you want to make this personal. I guess that's the only option you have left when presented with the overwhelming evidence that you really are wrong and don't know how to admit it.

As a member of 3 different ram forums, an owner of said ram, and brother of owner of said ram, I suspect my knowledge of how it works is just a liiiiiiiiitle more accurate than yours. Perhaps a smidge??

Note that I never once claimed it was effective. I said multiple times, "it's a gimmick". Yet you were the one claiming that ET doesn't work the way I said it works and Ram was lying, when in fact (lo and behold, must be that forum knowledge that I've accumulated over the years, just a guess): I was right!

We don't see you on other sites because you're what they call: blinded by brand loyalty. The truth and objective facts matter less to you than subjective fuzzy feelings of being in love with the brand itself. I love the new GM trucks (2019+). Almost bought one. In the end I went a different route but that doesn't mean I need to sh|t all over the competition (incorrectly) just to validate my purchase.

It'll probably blow your mind when I tell you this, but yeah I'm also on one of the Tundra forums. 🤯

Trolls these days.

Edited by the wanderer
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

So you want to make this personal. I guess that's the only option you have left when presented with the overwhelming evidence that you really are wrong and don't know how to admit it.

As a member of 3 different ram forums, an owner of said ram, and brother of owner of said ram, I suspect my knowledge of how it works is just a liiiiiiiiitle more accurate than yours. Perhaps a smidge??

Note that I never once claimed it was effective. I said multiple times, "it's a gimmick". Yet you were the one claiming that ET doesn't work the way I said it works and Ram was lying, when in fact (lo and behold, must be that forum knowledge that I've accumulated over the years, just a guess): I was right!

We don't see you on other sites because you're what they call: blinded by brand loyalty. The truth and objective facts matter less to you than subjective fuzzy feelings of being in love with the brand itself. I love the new GM trucks (2019+). Almost bought one. In the end I went a different route but that doesn't mean I need to sh|t all over the competition (incorrectly) just to validate my purchase.

It'll probably blow your mind when I tell you this, but yeah I'm also on one of the Tundra forums. 🤯

Trolls these days.

Seriously!!.  I am a GM owner and on this site because they have treated me the best out of any truck. Yet, I would buy a Titan if GM wasn’t my choice, and if Ram would make an SRT Ram again with a Hellcat engine. That would be in my garage. You are totally lost in your own little Ram world.  

I gave you a real world unbiased review on ETorque and how it’s a gimmick. I said it first. Then you went into a “lecture” on how it produces 140 lbs of tq.  Duh. I know that but that doesn’t mean it translates into REAL WORLD benefits.  
You are so closed minded you missed the entire point. YOUR brand loyalty to your little Ram got your panties into a bunch and you went off on a “ I don’t care what your buddy says”. Even though he owns the truck with ETorque and you don’t.

Ya who’s the troll bragging how he is on every  truck forum. The true definition of a TROLL/keyboard warrior. Thanks for clarifying. 

Good day “the arguer”. Go to another site and get upset, and argue with someone else. I’ll stick to talking with REAL GM owners. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

21 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Seriously!!.  I am a GM owner and on this site because they have treated me the best out of any truck. Yet, I would buy a Titan if GM wasn’t my choice, and if Ram would make an SRT Ram again with a Hellcat engine. That would be in my garage. You are totally lost in your own little Ram world.  

I gave you a real world unbiased review on ETorque and how it’s a gimmick. I said it first. Then you went into a “lecture” on how it produces 140 lbs of tq.  Duh. I know that but that doesn’t mean it translates into REAL WORLD benefits.  
You are so closed minded you missed the entire point. YOUR brand loyalty to your little Ram got your panties into a bunch and you went off on a “ I don’t care what your buddy says”. Even though he owns the truck with ETorque and you don’t.

Ya who’s the troll bragging how he is on every  truck forum. The true definition of a TROLL/keyboard warrior. Thanks for clarifying. 

Good day “the arguer”. Go to another site and get upset, and argue with someone else. I’ll stick to talking with REAL GM owners. 

I'm killing myself laughing here. You mentioned ET was a gimmick as it doesn't help with FE. I said yes It's a gimmick, it doesn't help with FE anymore than MDS/AFM/DFM but it does other things (and explained the other things). You then said Ram is lying when they claim it adds 140 lb/ft of torque (it's actually 130). I put you in you place by explaining how the system does in fact add said torque.

This is all documented on page 4.

Please do stick with talking with real GM owners. It's obvious you're not qualified to talk with anyone else lol.

1 minute ago, the wanderer said:

I'm killing myself laughing here. You mentioned ET was a gimmick as it doesn't help with FE. I said yes It's a gimmick, it doesn't help with FE anymore than MDS/AFM/DFM but it does other things (and explained the other things). You then said Ram is lying when they claim it adds 140 lb/ft of torque (it's actually 130). I put you in you place by explaining how the system does in fact add said torque.

This is all documented on page 4.

Please do stick with talking with real GM owners. It's obvious you're not qualified to talk with anyone else lol.

You keep telling yourself that. My claim was it was a gimmick. You compared it to auto start/stop and AFM/DFM/MDS.  Lol. It’s not the same. I said if it produces 140 lbs of torque, one who has owned both trucks should feel and see the difference.  My buddy can’t. That’s why he and I have called it a gimmick. And he said it wasn’t worth it. Unbiased real world TRUTH. I know it hurts your feelings but deal with it.
Since you struggle with comprehension. Go re-read my posts and your so called “lecturer” posts on how ETorque works. I never once said I didn’t know how it works. I have always said and will continue to say it’s a gimmick and has no real world benefits. You keep argueing on something you don’t even own though. And NO, you didn’t put me in my place. You did that yourself. 

You realize that 140/130 or whatever ft/lbs of torque can be generated with one arm if you have any muscles at all right? You are NOT going to feel that in a massive truck compared to not having it. The Hemi is a torque heavy motor as it is. Throw in 3.92 gears and it's got even more torque.

5 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

You keep telling yourself that. My claim was it was a gimmick. You compared it to auto start/stop and AFM/DFM/MDS.  Lol. It’s not the same. I said if it produces 140 lbs of torque, one who has owned both trucks should feel and see the difference.  My buddy can’t. That’s why he and I have called it a gimmick. And he said it wasn’t worth it. Unbiased real world TRUTH. I know it hurts your feelings but deal with it.
Since you struggle with comprehension. Go re-read my posts and your so called “lecturer” posts on how ETorque works. I never once said I didn’t know how it works. I have always said and will continue to say it’s a gimmick and has no real world benefits. You keep argueing on something you don’t even own though. And NO, you didn’t put me in my place. You did that yourself. 

You claimed Ram was lying. I set you straight on how ET works and that they're not lying. For someone so concerned about me not owning ET you sure seem to give yourself a pass on feeling qualified to argue its merits. Not surprised because logic ain't your strong point.

Stick to arguing with GM guys please.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

15 mpg!!  I can drive my 6.2L like a muscle car and muster 15 mpgs!  That's not very good man. And I know how you feel. Buddy has gone through 2 of them. He averages around 17 mpgs and thinks the new eTorque is a gimmick. Doesn't help one bit with FE. He does praise the interior and ride though. I have driven it a few times. Hemi doesn't match a 6.2L.  Is very comparable to my step-dads 5.3L/10 speed combo. The doors feel like tin cans when you open and close them (cheap). Now the interior is nice and I thought it was just as quiet as my Silverado. I don't have a problem with my seats like others have complained about but the Ram has very comfortable seats. Now with GM's new interior, refresh, I think they took the next step in interior, exterior, and all around performance. Could they have done more with their engines. Hell yes, and should have, but it is what it is!  To each their own. 

Part of that terrible girl economy is  my wife's lead foot. lol

The etorque is a gimmick for fuel economy, but it really helps with pulling power. That extra torque at idle is great for towing. But if I were to buy a ram, it'd probably be a 2500 Power Wagon. I'd definitely give you hr F250 Godzilla a look as well.  I drive diesel trucks for a living and want nothing to do with them after work, so I'd love a big block gasser. 

9 hours ago, Ion said:

Part of that terrible girl economy is  my wife's lead foot. lol

The etorque is a gimmick for fuel economy, but it really helps with pulling power. That extra torque at idle is great for towing. But if I were to buy a ram, it'd probably be a 2500 Power Wagon. I'd definitely give you hr F250 Godzilla a look as well.  I drive diesel trucks for a living and want nothing to do with them after work, so I'd love a big block gasser. 

Interesting how you have found it helps with pulling. What do you pull?  I have driven both my buddies pulling his boat and he also claims there is no difference in pulling!  He pulls this to Lewis and Clark Lake, In Yankton, SD.  And we pull it out there a lot!  

image.thumb.jpeg.2394a679a95ef196c705327f2c4b9f9a.jpeg

Edited by TNTSilverado

Would have to be a Superduty with the 6.7L Powerstroke for me.  I’ve owned Chevy’s (3), Toyotas (3), Dodge/ram (1), and GMC (2), so no brand loyalty here.  My criteria - 1) do I like the looks (life's too short to drive an ugly truck), 2) features I want/need (most fit this these days as my wants/needs are fairly simple - 4wd, comfortable heated/cooled seats, backup camera), 3) reliability (does not necessarily have to be the best, but acceptable otherwise would probably only drive Toyotas).

Personally not a fan of the new Tundra’s look, mostly a bunch little things that add up.  Also, not a boosted V6 fan, so ruled it out quick for me.

My one and only (ever) Dodge was a 1999 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins - the absolute worst vehicle I ever owned and all local dealers were horrible.  The motor was awesome, but the transmission had issues, as did the steering, brakes, suspension, dash fell into a hundred pieces, …. Only vehicle that left such a bad taste in my mouth that I doubt I’ll ever forget enough to own another.

My 2012 F350 6.7L was as reliable as any of my Toyotas, and my 2019 F150 3.5L ecoboost was right behind it.  But not a fan of the ecoboost - felt like I was working the snot out of it just pulling a utility trailer with a side by side on it (gas mileage went 10mpg or lower, and that was with focus on maxing fuel economy).  Empty, it was awesome - fast and good mpg.  My Chevy’s/GMC’s haven’t been quite as reliable as my Fords honestly, but hoping this AT4 will be!

Edited by RCF71

My employer has a new 22 1500 LT on order for me and as much as I want to like it, I’m doing all that I can to get the thing cancelled and punt to next year and hope for a different supplier.

In the LS/SLE/Big Horn/XLT trim levels, GM does seem to give you a lot for your money.  Maybe with the price bump GM and Ram are neck and neck. Ford seems to give you the least.

I need to spend more time in a Ram, but as far as the two most important things for me - seats and consoles, I much prefer the F150 over the Silverado.  Ford’s seats are wide and I can move my legs around (I often stretch my left leg against the door) and they always feel comfortable.  Also the fold-down console on on the Ford is wide and completely flat, like the 07-13 Silverado, which is way better when you’re using a laptop or iPad on it.  The curves, levels and indents on the Silverado are really annoying in that regard.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:46 AM, Gangly said:

For awhile I thought it would be the RAM that I looked at next since the RAM has the best interior, and best UNLOADED ride in my opinion.  With no weight in the truck, it rides wonderfully compared to the other 2 brands. However, my boss has one that he bought new, fully loaded, and the thing is falling apart at 60K miles.  The brake pedal feels like mush, the interior is already making noises, and the handling characteristics when loaded with any kind of weight is very sloppy at best.  It feels like a pontoon boat floating over a huge wave while swaying side to side.  I use my Silerado, sometimes harder than I should, and it handles the same loads INFINITELY better.  That's not necessarily praise for the Silverado since our Fords haul the same weight about as equally as the Silverado's, but a knock on the RAM since it's nowhere near as confidence inspiring with weight in the back.  The HEMI is more than adequate power wise, but the suspension is what lets it down when towing or hauling, at least in my opinion. 

I guess I would go with a F250 Tremor with the 7.3 gas motor if I had to go with a different brand.

Comparing my BIL's Ram to my 20 Silverado with Bilsteins in all 4 corners with 18's, very similar ride.  Handling in the Silverado is quite a bit better.

I'd probably lean Ram the next go around. I've had a Ford EcoTurd F150, never again. I've owned multiple Tacoma's and while I like them, they're just too small. Never had a Tundra, but I could never get over their interior and the tech was ancient (prior to the latest model). My ex-FIL has an older Tundra (circa 2008) and it's just as basic a truck as you can get. Might work for some people, but it's not for me. I'd like to try out what the Ram has to offer, just scared of the reliability reputation. My current TrailBoss is my first Chevy (although not my first GM vehicle). Currently VERY SATISFIED with it and can't ask for more. Well except quieter tires, but I'm fixing that myself soon.