Anyone have a problem getting dealer to perform TCM update on 8 speed under powertrain warranty?

Took my 2018 Sierra with 49K miles in for a transmission slip/jerk between 3-4 after it sets for a few hours. Advisor calls and tells me a TCM update is the fix but this isn't covered under the powertrain warranty and I will have to pay to have it performed. Also mentioned the TSB for the fluid exchange was available but I would have to pay for that as well. Anyone had the same initial response from dealer and been able to convince them to perform either of the TSB's under warranty? If so, any suggestions? Thanks

They absolutely should cover the fluid swap.   They said the software update wasn't covered for me but I used my tuner to discover that even though I didn't pay for it they did it anyway.  

I'd print out the TSB posted above and show it to them and ask why this is not covered under warranty? I had my fluid exchange done and covered under powertrain warranty last year.  Although mine was having the rumble strip feeling / vibration, but right in the TSB is says diagnosis beyond customer complaint is not required. And all 2018's fall within the production dates. The last page even has a section on how the labor times for being done under Powertrain coverage. 

Are you positive you have the 8 speed and not the 6 speed? The TSB only applies to the 8. 

image.png.f77ae29d52d013f8677c61ebe2f678ba.png

image.png.acf86425bb55f43234460ebe1725ad6e.png

Edited by reardiff

Yeah, positive it's the 8. He even mentioned the tsb but said I would have to pay for it. This was after saying the update was the fix. When I took it in I mentioned a shudder along with the slip/jerk when cold but I'm guessing this guy was not in the mood to do anything under warranty that day. Also have a light oil leak that I asked them to look at but he said that would be a $125 diagnostic fee IF the leak turned out to be from a seal that's not covered under warranty if I decide not to have it fixed. When I asked for an example of a seal not covered he said axle seals and couldn't think of anything else, which I'm pretty sure is crap. Instead of arguing with him at this point I just told him to cancel the oil leak and I'll trace it myself before bringing it back. 

Thanks for the responses, especially the full tsb from rav3. I've called GM customer service and they've emailed the customer advocate at this dealership after not being able to reach the service advisor on the phone. They haven't gotten a response as of today. They said he has until tomorrow to respond and then it will move to a senior advisor. Hopefully I can get something done and it's just this particular advisor that's the problem. 

• 2 years later...

Will the dealership do the TSB even if the truck is out of warranty? I have brought it to them to check my transmission a couple of times and they said they could not find a problem.

Thanks

Floyd