2022 LT trailboss

I have a 22’ Chevy Silverado trail boss. I took the muffler off and did a resignatoranf flapper valve delete and it’s just straight piped. When I’m on the road and I’m approaching a red light, as it decelerates it makes a gurgle sound from the exhaust only as it slows down under 2,000 RPMS What can it be ? I NEED HELP 

Stop doing things half ass and put a Catback system on it!  Buy a Corsa or Borla system. Problem solved. It always makes me shake my head when people spend $40, $50$, $60 thousand dollars on vehicles and then won’t spend the money needed on a nice exhaust or whatever up grades. Just try and do it cheap. Well cheap doesn’t last and you get what you paid for. 

“Man, I’m starting to sound like my old man”??   Do things right the first time and you won’t have to keep redoing it!  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Stop doing things half ass and put a Catback system on it!  Buy a Corsa or Borla system. Problem solved. It always makes me shake my head when people spend $40, $50$, $60 thousand dollars on vehicles and then won’t spend the money needed on a nice exhaust or whatever up grades. Just try and do it cheap. Well cheap doesn’t last and you get what you paid for. 

“Man, I’m starting to sound like my old man”??   Do things right the first time and you won’t have to keep redoing it!  

Ya just have to love these.  "Hey I cut my exhaust off and now it's too loud, what should I do?"  

And let's start extra threads on the same topic so I can get more attention, too!  SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AlexTrailBoss said:

I have a 22’ Chevy Silverado trail boss. I took the muffler off and did a resignatoranf flapper valve delete and it’s just straight piped. When I’m on the road and I’m approaching a red light, as it decelerates it makes a gurgle sound from the exhaust only as it slows down under 2,000 RPMS What can it be ? I NEED HELP 

It depends on what you like. I’m fortunate that I found a friend and exhaust shop- auto shop owner years ago. He recently retired as my taste in loud exhaust. I’ve never been disappointed in his exhaust work from mild to wild over the years. My last was my 14 GMC. A simple performance muffler and a programmer to eliminate the cylinder deactivation chopper sound. If a high dollar mail order cat back exhaust can make that dreadful cylinder deactivation sound sound like a V-8. I have yet to experience that trick. You probably need a simple performance muffler. In your case a range device if available or if it’s still possible. Put in manual mode and the next lowest gear keeping it in V-8 mode. If you’re made of money and can’t handle manual mode. Them that magic mail order exhaust may do the trick. My exhaust guy used the same exhaust piping as mail order and built to suit. Maybe a lost art and I was lucky. I found one the first time and had many exhaust built.

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

It depends on what you like. I’m fortunate that I found a friend and exhaust shop- auto shop owner years ago. He recently retired as my taste in loud exhaust. I’ve never been disappointed in his exhaust work from mild to wild over the years. My last was my 14 GMC. A simple performance muffler and a programmer to eliminate the cylinder deactivation chopper sound. If a high dollar mail order cat back exhaust can make that dreadful cylinder deactivation sound sound like a V-8. I have yet to experience that trick. You probably need a simple performance muffler. In your case a range device if available or if it’s still possible. Put in manual mode and the next lowest gear keeping it in V-8 mode. If you’re made of money and can’t handle manual mode. Them that magic mail order exhaust may do the trick. My exhaust guy used the same exhaust piping as mail order and built to suit. Maybe a lost art and I was lucky. I found one the first time and had many exhaust built.

I almost forgot. My brothers little red truck is still running the 3 inch exhaust to his stacks. And the cut outs he uncaps for drag racing made by said bender. Going on 30 years. Out lasting the first 440 engine. So much for cheap exhaust.

17 minutes ago, AirForceAngler said:

Ya just have to love these.  "Hey I cut my exhaust off and now it's too loud, what should I do?"  

And let's start extra threads on the same topic so I can get more attention, too!  SMH.

Damm, never once did I say it’s too loud, and if a thread was already made that ****** never popped up, I also ain’t trying to get more attention. It’s the first time I even post on this. If you ain’t ain’t like it why reply ?

19 minutes ago, AirForceAngler said:

Two threads on this, what for?  Also, sounds like you've gotten the right answer a few times but aren't interested in it?      

43 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I did the same thing to my 18’ Silverado and didn’t have this issue. But thanks for your feed back ha.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

We all sound like our parents eventually, "DIRFT" LOL. With that in mind though, on the 21 Sierra I had, I did a muffler delete on it. I thought it sounded pretty good. I didnt mind the decl gurgle. Thats just normal. I sure as hell dont want it super loud. I got over that when I sold my 13 Camaro SS with LTHs and no mufflers lol. She sure was fun to drive though. Guess Im getting old. May do a delete on the 22 Silverado. Not decided yet. Id have to leave the flapper on due to the DFM.

Edited by Byrds8

Your 18 had AFM and not DFM. That's the difference. I chopped my muffler and flapper on my 6.2 and I'm fine with it. If you don't like it get something to disable the DFM.

23 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

We all sound like our parents eventually, "DIRFT" LOL. With that in mind though, on the 21 Sierra I had, I did a muffler delete on it. I thought it sounded pretty good. I didnt mind the decl gurgle. Thats just normal. I sure as hell dont want it super loud. I got over that when I sold my 13 Camaro SS with LTHs and no mufflers lol. She sure was fun to drive though. Guess Im getting old. May do a delete on the 22 Silverado. Not decided yet. Id have to leave the flapper on due to the DFM.

The Corsa Catback is built wonderfully, sounds amazing and is whisper quiet when cruising. Yes it gets loud when you step on it which puts a smile on your face.  A muffler delete is annoyingly loud all the damn time. It’s a night and day difference. I love a loud and aggressive exhaust under acceleration, but just cruising down the road, I enjoy the quietness it provides.  I can’t tell you how many trucks I pass going down the road and you HEAR the annoying “drone” sound coming from the exhaust. Man it has to get “exhausting” (no pun intended) listening to that day in and day out. 

33 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

The Corsa Catback is built wonderfully, sounds amazing and is whisper quiet when cruising. Yes it gets loud when you step on it which puts a smile on your face.  A muffler delete is annoyingly loud all the damn time. It’s a night and day difference. I love a loud and aggressive exhaust under acceleration, but just cruising down the road, I enjoy the quietness it provides.  I can’t tell you how many trucks I pass going down the road and you HEAR the annoying “drone” sound coming from the exhaust. Man it has to get “exhausting” (no pun intended) listening to that day in and day out. 

Funnny enough, the Sierra wasnt that loud even getting down on it. I run up and down the interstate twice a day commuting to work and you almost couldnt hear the exhaust. I left the resonators on it alone so not sure how much of a difference that made. I cant take drone though. I had a 1997 Z28 with a cutout right before the rear passenger tire. The drive from San Antonio, TX to GA when I PCS'd was not just bad it was HORRIBLE LOL. Needless to say, never again. My head was splitting from that drive.

45 minutes ago, Byrds8 said:

Funnny enough, the Sierra wasnt that loud even getting down on it. I run up and down the interstate twice a day commuting to work and you almost couldnt hear the exhaust. I left the resonators on it alone so not sure how much of a difference that made. I cant take drone though. I had a 1997 Z28 with a cutout right before the rear passenger tire. The drive from San Antonio, TX to GA when I PCS'd was not just bad it was HORRIBLE LOL. Needless to say, never again. My head was splitting from that drive.

Yes, my father has a Flowmaster muffler on his F150 and when I ride with him in his truck my head aches afterwards.  Drones terribly. Can’t handle it.  He is 65 now and says doesn’t bother him. Told him get his ears checked out!!  

I was just brought up by my dad who worked 2 jobs to keep us afloat, was a part time mechanic and always stated to do things right!  Not half-ass and cutting off a muffler and putting on a straight pipe in my opinion is half-ass. 
Putting on a whole Catback system that has had hours of R/D behind it, just makes sense to me. Yes, it does cost a bit more but in the scheme of things compared to the cost of the truck. It’s very minimal. 

Yet, I see this all the time. People buy expensive vehicles (trucks now a days) and then can’t afford to modify them correctly because they are so strapped for cash!  Finding the easy way out…..not my style, and then come on to a site and complain how it sounds like 💩💩

Yes indeed I have seen a lot of folks complain about what they did to their vehicles. Its generally funny. However, I wouldnt call straight pipping half assed. Sound quality, within reason, is subjective. I actually liked the sound of the Sierra with no muffler. I didnt like it when I tried to cover the resonators also. Some people would even argue that GM engineers did everything 100% right and the stock exhaust is the best it could ever be. We all know its not true but some believe that engineers do it all right and best all the time lol. That statement is also funny IMHO. Now the trucks running around that sound like crap is slapping and what not....cant stand em. Its usually the ones that have like 10" tail pipes. Those sound horrible. Again just my opinion.

• Like 1