2017 Silverado 1500 - LT to LS 427 engine Swap

It’s Nelson racing engines the company I’ve been talking to. But yes there is the option to upgrade parts to the truck engine to reach to 1000 hp and the option to swap to a LT4 with some upgrades . I was just trying to make everything a less hassle from what it is as much as I could in already built ready engine & tran system. So am still looking for good options

On 3/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, Blackwidow_Chevy said:

It’s Nelson racing engines the company I’ve been talking to. But yes there is the option to upgrade parts to the truck engine to reach to 1000 hp and the option to swap to a LT4 with some upgrades . I was just trying to make everything a less hassle from what it is as much as I could in already built ready engine & tran system. So am still looking for good options

If you want to know how to make 1000hp the easiest, you should be on the c7 vette forums.

Unlikely you have the mechanical knowledge to do this if you were considering LS swapping thinking it was the easiest option. Pretty funny you just want to slap in 1500-2000hp to an oem chassis truck with what looks like no consideration for brakes or suspension. I don’t know if you understand what that much hp is like, especially in 5500lb pickup truck. It’s not a 1500hp viper that can already turn and stop above 1g.

For your own sake. I would just let a shop handle it.

if street driven, i’d first find out what the transfer case can hold, because 1000hp+ rwd pick up the street is going nowhere fast without a full drag setup.

Maximum safe power while retaining awd should be your target unless it’s a dedicated drag car which means you probably shouldn’t start with a k2xx to begin with.

On 3/31/2022 at 10:51 AM, Blackwidow_Chevy said:

Yeah then screw the LS7 noise. 

Do some more research first. 

Budget second.

Realize your goals actually are going to be out of your budget.

Research again.

Set your goals.

Budget.

Build.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, Blackwidow_Chevy said:

Katech (katechengines.com)

https://goturbo.net/

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/crate-engines/big-block/zz-632 (Requires transmission GM designed for this engine)

Personally I'd go for the 632 with a Holley High Ram intake manifold, hooked up to a twin turbo set up from Armageddon... On E85.

So much POWAHH 😍

Edited by M1ck3y

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

Katech (katechengines.com)

https://goturbo.net/

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/crate-engines/big-block/zz-632 (Requires transmission GM designed for this engine)

Personally I'd go for the 632 with a Holley High Ram intake manifold, hooked up to a twin turbo set up from Armageddon... On E85.

So much POWAHH 😍

I actually have this build option with the engine with the transmission to go with 4L75E-R and drive system kit, I also got a custom drive shaft upgraded installed with upgraded rear. I know it has efi carb from what I saw but that manifold needs to change to low pro and have it face forward with the intake my aftermarket hood only gained 2 inch rise from the stock but I ain’t trying do mods to my hood to make the top side fit in the truck. Seems good all NA power but I bit heavy but since I have carbon fiber hood, fenders, and bedside it should do some type of reduction this kit seems good it’s just a project truck also so the whole NA power is a big thumbs up. And yea am new to this type of things but I do have a good idea of what I want from the engine and transmission 1000 seems good I obviously know if I go greater hp I need more and more upgrades but I have a lot of things already bought but if I don’t have to add power adders to get there seem great 

12 hours ago, Blackwidow_Chevy said:

I actually have this build option with the engine with the transmission to go with 4L75E-R and drive system kit, I also got a custom drive shaft upgraded installed with upgraded rear. I know it has efi carb from what I saw but that manifold needs to change to low pro and have it face forward with the intake my aftermarket hood only gained 2 inch rise from the stock but I ain’t trying do mods to my hood to make the top side fit in the truck. Seems good all NA power but I bit heavy but since I have carbon fiber hood, fenders, and bedside it should do some type of reduction this kit seems good it’s just a project truck also so the whole NA power is a big thumbs up. And yea am new to this type of things but I do have a good idea of what I want from the engine and transmission 1000 seems good I obviously know if I go greater hp I need more and more upgrades but I have a lot of things already bought but if I don’t have to add power adders to get there seem great 

I think it uses the carb for air, port injection for fuel? You could have a spacer/adapter made for any LS/LT intake manifold but plenum volume is going to be a big factor. That's why I was thinking holley hi-ram. Short runner design but you can also get aftermarket plenum tops (wilson manifolds etc.); or have one custom made for that matter. Short runner design will make it more drive able at low rpm too. 

You're right I think it is heavier by about 130 pounds (compared to the LT1/L86)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXlfi8sf6cKGQ8sOd0-yRuw 

Hoonigan did a camaro with the 632, you should check it out; might give some insight and/or more ideas. 

• Like 1

Yes I recently tuned my stoclk 5.3 to put out another 40 hp over factory power, and I am finding the stock brakes can barely handle this..

if you want a rocket ride, I would start out with something that doesnt weight in at 6000lbs

Edited by pokismoki

20 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

You're right I think it is heavier by about 130 pounds (compared to the LT1/L86)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXlfi8sf6cKGQ8sOd0-yRuw 

Hoonigan did a camaro with the 632, you should check it out; might give some insight and/or more ideas. 

I like the AWD, maybe something that weighs in at 3000lbs like an 80's GM G-body car

Edited by pokismoki

I suggest heading on over to performancetrucks.net and posting this there. They would be more suited for your needs, hell I am on there too. 

But I think you are overly fixated on the "HP number". It seems like you are diving in without learning how to swim first

23 hours ago, shakenfake said:

I suggest heading on over to performancetrucks.net and posting this there. They would be more suited for your needs, hell I am on there too. 

But I think you are overly fixated on the "HP number". It seems like you are diving in without learning how to swim first

I disagree. Money is clearly not a barrier, so the sky is literally the limit. You guys are thinking whats the most cost effective; he's thinking 1000 hp. 

On that note, Holley's new Sky Ram intake manifold on a 632 would make for great burn outs :lol:

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/meet_the_sky-ram_holley_s_tallest_torquiest_intake_manifold_ever_/

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That quote didn't even involve money. I said set a budget because that is what you need to do but I never said that it was OP's problem.

I think OP doesn't have any idea what he thinks he is getting himself into and I think he may just be trying to get 1000HP to tell all his buddies that he wants 1000HP. If he thinks he is going to daily drive something like that then lol

I will be getting a LS 427 1500 to 2000 hp deciding witch package to go with and it comes with full engine and transmission everything from wires efi kit, wires.

Just screams, "I don't know what I'm doing"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

I disagree. Money is clearly not a barrier, so the sky is literally the limit. You guys are thinking whats the most cost effective; he's thinking 1000 hp. 

On that note, Holley's new Sky Ram intake manifold on a 632 would make for great burn outs :lol:

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/meet_the_sky-ram_holley_s_tallest_torquiest_intake_manifold_ever_/

Yeah but anybody that’s ever owned a highly modified fast car before is fixated on a lot more than HP.

5 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Yeah but anybody that’s ever owned a highly modified fast car before is fixated on a lot more than HP.

My previous employer owns a highly modified 2010 ZL1 capable of 900 whp on race fuel. His brother, who was also an employer of mine.. owned a highly modified C6 Z06 capable of 570 NA whp. Neither know what brand of exhaust they have or the specs of the cam without looking at a spec sheet.

When you have money you tell people what you want, AND you get it.   

11 hours ago, shakenfake said:

That quote didn't even involve money. I said set a budget because that is what you need to do but I never said that it was OP's problem.

I think OP doesn't have any idea what he thinks he is getting himself into and I think he may just be trying to get 1000HP to tell all his buddies that he wants 1000HP. If he thinks he is going to daily drive something like that then lol

Nope, It screams you're jealous OR your are assuming he's full of it and doesn't have the money to achieve his goals. In either case you responded incorrectly. He's looking for help, not judgement.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Your thoughts on OP are wrong and OP knows what he wants to get into and OP don’t have race buddy’s or need to tell them that when OP can get it and the truck is not a daily driver at all moves around about once a month I’ve been actually upgrading the truck for 2 yrs now and focused on other things for the truck not just HP. I never stated one thing I was trying to do or talked about my build list or what’s else the truck going to have or direction it’s going. Honestly in my shoes it’s just better for me to buy something ready cause I don’t have the time and Iam new to swap not new to performance parts and if I don’t have time why would I get into upgrade after upgrade after upgrade to build up the engine if I don’t have time now I won’t have the time later just to repeat to reach the same thing am trying to do now. Just looking for advice.

Edited by Blackwidow_Chevy