How many miles and what maintenance

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and I just want to get a good idea of how many miles everyone’s getting out of there 14-18 5.3’s / 6L80 combos and what type of maintenance y’all are doing to get there. I have 90,****** now on my 2016. I follow my service schedule to a T. Trans fluid and filter every 22,500 and engine oil every 4000. What’s everyone else do to get there trucks up to high mileage 

I am just learning myself as I bought my son's 2016 with only 33k on it.  I would definitely go with an AFM delete either with a tuner or the Range plug in unit. I just stopped at a transmission shop as well because I have questions about the trans cooler. They will bypass the thermal bypass for the trans cooler (factory set up is for the trans fluid to bypass the cooler until it is 194 degrees) and change the tune on the trans to improve shift points and move the lockup between 4th and 5th gear instead of 2nd gear. They will also do the AFM delete for me.  they want $500 for all this and it is probably worth it because the Range plug in is $200 anyways.  I am big on preventative and it shows because I am just changing vehicles from the "91 GMC that I bought in 1992 :)

That’s awesome about the 91 GM jack, I have a range and have had it from 50,****** miles I like it and it does the job, I also would consider a catch can.I have one from OCS and it catches a ton of oil. Also look at exactly what there doing with the lock up in the tuning as I have heard the getting rid of it all together in 2, 3, and 4 is pretty much just as bad as it engaging all the time like it does stock

1 hour ago, Jack Buys said:

AFM delete either with a tuner or the Range plug in unit

This is not a delete. Both methods just turn off the function of AFM. You still have the same parts in the engine.

A true delete is tearing open the engine and replacing parts with non AFM versions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

This is not a delete. Both methods just turn off the function of AFM. You still have the same parts in the engine.

A true delete is tearing open the engine and replacing parts with non AFM versions. 

Very true but a good first step is to eliminate it electronically because that needs to be done anyways. When I am retired in a year or two, I will pull the heads and replace the cam, lifters, etc. It's always been my theory that pistons and rods just aren't along for the ride, they need to all work equally for an engine to survive.