Best towing upgrades for my stock 6.0 with cat back exhaust.

Supercharger. You want 100-125ft/lbs of torque more right in the meat of the powerband, get a supercharger.

Other things would be a camshaft swap, even a mild camshaft can gain 25-30 horsepower with the proper sized injectors and a good tune.

I can only assume you already installed something to correct the speedo and the transmission shifting with the new gear ratio installed.

Things I wouldn't do are long tube headers because those shift the powerband up.

One bummer is that you live in California, they are no longer letting vehicles pass smog with tuned computers. Perhaps if it was CARB and SMOG approved it might pass but those tunes usually only come in packages with a things like those superchargers.

Sure, if you had a Duramax or an 8.1.  You don't.  If you look at the door sticker for towing info, or peruse your owners manual, you will find you are about 50% over your towing limit...

If you get into an accident with that setup, be prepared for your insurance to void your policy, and at the very least not cover you, and criminal charges if someone gets injured...  And please post the video of the judge's reaction when you tell him/her that only the engine/transmission is different, the rest of the truck is the same, so it was safe.

Edit:

And that limit is for a basically empty cab and truck bed.  Any luggage, tools, extra passengers all further reduce the weight you can tow.

You need to either buy a smaller trailer, or a truck that can tow it.

Edited by davester

3 hours ago, davester said:

Sure, if you had a Duramax or an 8.1.  You don't.  If you look at the door sticker for towing info, or peruse your owners manual, you will find you are about 50% over your towing limit...

If you get into an accident with that setup, be prepared for your insurance to void your policy, and at the very least not cover you, and criminal charges if someone gets injured...  And please post the video of the judge's reaction when you tell him/her that only the engine/transmission is different, the rest of the truck is the same, so it was safe.

Edit:

And that limit is for a basically empty cab and truck bed.  Any luggage, tools, extra passengers all further reduce the weight you can tow.

You need to either buy a smaller trailer, or a truck that can tow it.

Nice to see you are so well informed.

My dad had a saying, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... Attitude and approach goes a long way. People will tend to listen and respect unless vinegar is your bait of choice. Consider your delivery and you may be surprised at the respect your kmowledge may bring. 

He isn't wrong though, you are well above the factory rated towing capacity of a 6.0/4L80e truck.

This is from the owners manual.

C- 2500 Crew Cab Short Box HD (2WD)*
Engine Axle
Ratio
Max. Trailer Wt.
6000 V8 4.10 10,300 lbs. (4 672 kg)
8100 V8 3.73 13,600 lbs. (6 169 kg)**
4.10 15,600 lbs. (7 076 kg)**
6600 V8 Diesel 3.73 15,500 lbs. (7 031 kg)**
4.10 15,500 lbs. (7 031 kg)**

You didn't do the most basic research on what your truck can tow, and you come across as someone who just doesn't care.

Most likely, it will take either having your vacation ruined by being forced to at least rent a more capable truck midway through to be able to continue your journey, as well as pay a hefty fine, or an accident with a court date for you to consider getting a vehicle capable of towing that trailer safely.

Google is just not trustworthy. CamGTP showed you the owner's manual data, so go with that. I have an '03 GMC 2500HD 6.0 4l80e and wouldn't consider towing more than 8000 lbs. My trailer is 7000 lbs fully loaded and the truck bed is full of stuff. The truck labors a bit, even in Tow mode, but at least I'm safely within the truck and trailer's limits.

You need a 1 ton diesel duelly to pull that 15K trailer safely. Sell what you have and get a used 24 valve Dodge duelly.