Bilstein 5100 shocks?

Hello, looking to upgrade my rancho stock shocks to bilstein 5100 shocks but would like to level the front end. Could anyone please tell me which ones I  need to do so? Is there a certain series other than just the 5100? Also what would be the best place to purchase as far as best price.

I have 2016 chevy silverado z71.

Thanks for any info!!

I didn't go from the rancho but I did upgrade to the 5100 rears from the stock black GM shocks and it made a HUGE difference. The truck is firm but not harsh whatsoever, handles bumps, "g-outs" and turns much better. I've only driven it with the rear unloaded I can only assume it will be a little softer with some weight in the bed.

17 hours ago, Joshsvoboda said:

Hello, looking to upgrade my rancho stock shocks to bilstein 5100 shocks but would like to level the front end. Could anyone please tell me which ones I  need to do so? Is there a certain series other than just the 5100? Also what would be the best place to purchase as far as best price.

I have 2016 chevy silverado z71.

Thanks for any info!!

You just need bilstein 5100’s for your make and model truck. The fronts shocks are height adjustable to go higher than stock up to about about 2”. They do not allow you to go lower. The rears are not adjustable. There are no variations of the 5100’s to choose from (except what vehicle they are designed for)

The 4600’s are pretty much the same shock but are not height adjustable.

They are a must buy. Basically what the truck should have came from the factory.

And to clear up the confusion of so many people saying they are firmer or softer. They are slightly firmer when going over small stuff like cracks in the road and just general driving. But if you hit a fairly large bump or pothole, they are wayyyyyyy softer than stock ranchos.

so basically they slightly improve handling and they vastly improve the feeling of hitting a large bump. They are not any better for cruising down the highway.

cliffs: perfect compromise between on road handling, towing, and ability to take a bump should you need to. You want a Cadillac soft ride, worse handling, more body roll, worse towing, with a baja racing hobby on weekends, you’d be better off with some higher end stuff. 

Edited by truckguy82