Leaked new EV Silverado

21 hours ago, Transient said:

The only way charging is free in California is if you have solar panels to provide 100% of your homes' energy needs, and use that to recharge your EV.  I know somebody who does that with their Tesla Model Y, but only after paying thousands of dollars to install solar panels.

And, I doubt military families would fall under your definition of "pensioner".  If even argue that they do more for you than you do for them.  One of the things they have to to deal with is relocating every couple of years.  EVs are not suitable vehicles for them.  Driving across the country, vehicle loaded, time constraints mandated by military leadership, etc.  EVs are nothing more than electric scooters at Walmart.  You use them to go a short distance then return them to the plug so they can be used again.  And, with EV charging stations taking up the front of the parking stalls, like handicap stalls, and needing an equal amount of space for the charging station too, the electric scooter at the grocery store is a fair and adequate comparison.  Every seen Disney's movie Wall-E?  Sort walking distances from the parking lot to the Jazzy scooter encourage being a fatso.

The public charging stations are what I was talking about that are free.

That's what I've been saying EVs are this entire time...

I did post a Dodge Demon vs Tesla Plaid I figure that is pretty apples to apples. Don't really know why you are getting all in a huff I was mainly talking to TNT lol

And no the golf cart was just a 3 wheeled red golf cart. No speakers and steel wheels. Used it to drive around the neighborhood and on the golf course haha 

Ez-Go 3 Wheeled Golf Cart BigIron Auctions

This but red, no photos of it

• Like 1

Just by a 4.3.

My last trip to dads 200 miles away I had to stop twice to take gas out of it. The high level alarm kept coming on. I sold the surplus gas and bought dad a steak and a beer. It also took so much CO2 out of the air than evergreens turned blue. A dozen children in third world countries we spared slave labor and several oil wells in Texas quit fracking. It really is an amazing motor. Only took me 30 minutes to make the trip. Could have got there faster but I was towing a 55 footer full of AMSOIL drums into a 100 mph headwind. Scales said I was over 60,000 lbs. Did I mention my hair grew back? 

:crackup:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, shakenfake said:

The public charging stations are what I was talking about that are free.

That's what I've been saying EVs are this entire time...

I did post a Dodge Demon vs Tesla Plaid I figure that is pretty apples to apples. Don't really know why you are getting all in a huff I was mainly talking to TNT lol

And no the golf cart was just a 3 wheeled red golf cart. No speakers and steel wheels. Used it to drive around the neighborhood and on the golf course haha 

Ez-Go 3 Wheeled Golf Cart BigIron Auctions

This but red, no photos of it

2 things happen, successively, when I get in a huff.  The first is swearing, but that hasn't happened yet.  You don't want to know the second one.  We have laws against it.  Be happy I'm not in a huff.

With that said, all I did was state facts.  I don't know TNT anymore than I know you.  However, that's not going to stop me from calling a duck a duck.  Numbers-wise the Dodge and the Tesla don't match up.  Even if the Tesla Plaid and Bugatti Chiron lined up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiron lost.  EVs have the advantage with torque.  Torque wins races, not horsepower.  However, the closest comparison we can get is with horsepower.

Sorry to hear about your golf cart.  The one I described was preferable, imo.  And, golf courses are a waste of perfectly good long distance shooting ranges, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Just by a 4.3.

My last trip to dads 200 miles away I had to stop twice to take gas out of it. The high level alarm kept coming on. I sold the surplus gas and bought dad a steak and a beer. It also took so much CO2 out of the air than evergreens turned blue. A dozen children in third world countries we spared slave labor and several oil wells in Texas quit fracking. It really is an amazing motor. Only took me 30 minutes to make the trip. Could have got there faster but I was towing a 55 footer full of AMSOIL drums into a 100 mph headwind. Scales said I was over 60,000 lbs. Did I mention my hair grew back? 

And here I thought I was on his ignore list.

Lots I could say here, but I'll save the roasting for another place.  So I'll leave it with this: it's spelled B-U-Y.  🤣

Edited by Transient
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Transient said:

2 things happen, successively, when I get in a huff.  The first is swearing, but that hasn't happened yet.  You don't want to know the second one.  We have laws against it.  Be happy I'm not in a huff.

With that said, all I did was state facts.  I don't know TNT anymore than I know you.  However, that's not going to stop me from calling a duck a duck.  Numbers-wise the Dodge and the Tesla don't match up.  Even if the Tesla Plaid and Bugatti Chiron lined up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiron lost.  EVs have the advantage with torque.  Torque wins races, not horsepower.  However, the closest comparison we can get is with horsepower.

Sorry to hear about your golf cart.  The one I described was preferable, imo.  And, golf courses are a waste of perfectly good long distance shooting ranges, imo.

Cringing at the first paragraph

I like playing golf. It's fun and laidback.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, PureZ71 said:

Was browsing the web today and happened to run into this photo which is apparently a leaked photo of the new Silverado EV that supposed to be released tomorrow. Thoughts?

OXqcyFk.png

Edit: Confirmed designed

Just released and confirmed the design. Live release: https://www.gmexhibitzero.com/en-us

EZME87c.png

That sweeping rear windshield aft thingie looks like my 2020 Ridgeline I sold for the Trail Boss Custom. For long haul or high drain when we can make range extending electricity on board if needed then we are golden with these units.  Thats probably sooner than we think.  One of my old employers is using hydrogen generation units (on board) trains and HD trucks already, mostly in EU for now.  Electromotive has been doing that for years with diesel electric, not to mention submarines. Scale and efficiency are being developed that will open that door.  IMO. 

12 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Just by a 4.3.

My man!!!!!!!! See now that's the spirit! 

By the way any advise on your hair regrowth ?  My receding hair line is looking sad :)

1 hour ago, customboss said:

That sweeping rear windshield aft thingie looks like my 2020 Ridgeline I sold for the Trail Boss Custom. For long haul or high drain when we can make range extending electricity on board if needed then we are golden with these units.  Thats probably sooner than we think.  One of my old employers is using hydrogen generation units (on board) trains and HD trucks already, mostly in EU for now.  Electromotive has been doing that for years with diesel electric, not to mention submarines. Scale and efficiency are being developed that will open that door.  IMO. 

https://www.industrytap.com/ges-hybrid-locomotive-moves-a-ton-of-freight-500-miles-on-a-gallon-of-fuel/4226

Interesting that on this truck GM did what i have been asking! Keep the shifter stick but shorten it up like the Benzes. I actually think this interior is nicer then the refresh 23 models. Just my opinion. :)

1 minute ago, f8l vnm said:

But will it sell ? I think so . 

I won't be buying that monstrosity!  The V8 powered ZR2 looks absolutely gorgeous compared to that!!  And I'm not a lifted truck guy!

3 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

I won't be buying that monstrosity!  The V8 powered ZR2 looks absolutely gorgeous compared to that!!  And I'm not a lifted truck guy!

I love the power plant but yes looks wise is not fully catching my eye. I agree with you .  Well see how things go .