Leaked new EV Silverado

I won't ever own another vehicle with that many touch buttons, I don't care if it flies and cooks breakfast. I sold my last Ford because of that crap, I cannot stand fumbling around with that BS while keeping my eyes on the road. I can work the entire stereo and HVAC system in my '14 1500 blindfolded and I love it. I didn't even know it was touch screen until yesterday. That new interior is just high order trash to me.

7 minutes ago, Truckboattruck said:

I won't ever own another vehicle with that many touch buttons, I don't care if it flies and cooks breakfast. I sold my last Ford because of that crap, I cannot stand fumbling around with that BS while keeping my eyes on the road. I can work the entire stereo and HVAC system in my '14 1500 blindfolded and I love it. I didn't even know it was touch screen until yesterday. That new interior is just high order trash to me.

I have two vehicles I just push a button and talk both are older than 7 years. Another is 20 years old. Everything except driving and climate goes through my phone through a button on my steering wheel. On the 20 year old I hit the button on my iPhone. I can only imagine the newer ones are the same, it can’t get any easier. 

Biggest drawback here is the 1200 of payload . Otherwise i may be in minority here but I like it and power levels are nice. Interior is cool and overall package seems to be nice . Its not the  best looking thing but its not terrible , I like the flow though bed to back seats and the standard bed is almost 6 feed which is pretty big .  

Will be interesting to see who sells most EV trucks next year.  

Trash might have been a bit harsh of a term. It's not ugly, seems practical in lay out. All those touch screen buttons though, I just couldn't do it. 

I'm not totally against touch buttons for configuration menus and settings, but for things you could reasonably want to adjust while driving I always find it really frustrating.

19 minutes ago, Truckboattruck said:

Trash might have been a bit harsh of a term. It's not ugly, seems practical in lay out. All those touch screen buttons though, I just couldn't do it. 

I'm not totally against touch buttons for configuration menus and settings, but for things you could reasonably want to adjust while driving I always find it really frustrating.

GM still gives some physical buttons here, as well as dedicating a portion of the touch screen as a static, separate status bar. This is a big deal. My wife has UConnect 5 in her 2021 Pacifica Hybrid. The whole screen is connected. It's been buggy lately and we cannot even SEE what the temp is in the car, though we can adjust it with physical buttons. 

Thus, I think GM did a good job of putting in more screen space while maintaining a level of control apart from the computer. 

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

GM delivered all of 26 EVs in Q4 2021, but this is the future apparently. Another $100,000 toy truck for rich people. Totally redundant to the Hummer.

Starts at $39,000 for the WT version. I'd hope there's some middle ground in there for a decently equipped truck around $60-$65,000. 

5 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

GM delivered all of 26 EVs in Q4 2021, but this is the future apparently. Another $100,000 toy truck for rich people. Totally redundant to the Hummer.

I agree. Especially if we get “someone else” in office in a few years that can get us back to the way it was when we made our own oil here in the d@mn U.S.A and didn’t need to depend on foreign oil!  I miss $1.87 ⛽️ her in Iowa. 

I just don’t see how “normal joes” can afford a $100k vehicle. I mean it’s possible but who wants a $1500 truck payment for an electric truck. That $100k is almost more than my fully loaded high country Silverado and the wife’s new redline premier edition Traverse. Plain stupid in my opinion.  And to top that, you have to wait 3-4 hours for it to fully charge. So on my way to the hills, I can stop to charge it, get out Netflix on my phone and watch almost 2 movies!!!  Instead of filling a nice burly V8 with premium fuel that takes 5 minutes and be on my way!!!  Sounds so much fun doesn’t it!?! 🤷🏼🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Hmm, EV to EV charging. Guess if you are running low battery life, just "siphon" some juice from a Prius at the Safeway parking lot🤔😬

They were talking about EV's this morning on the local talk show, and one of the gentlemen had a great point.

What happens if you are stuck on one of mountain passes, sitting for hours "idling" with the heat going and your battery dies? Who is quilified, or how do you jump start the EV to get going again? 

I have no idea, mainly because of no disire to own one, so have done zero research on EV's.

Hope the vehicle in front of you is T1 truck with a plug in the bed, lol

15 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

The more I look at the pictures on Motortrend, I don't like it! The front end is too busy. They should have made it look like the refresh Silverado. I do like the Avalanche style back end! Very nice touch. The inside is ok, but the cheap looking buttons/climate control knobs underneath the HUGE screen looks wacky!!  Otherwise interior flows very well! 

2024-Chevrolet-Silverado-EV-RST-interior

I like the buttons.  I hate the vents and touchscreen from the Corvette. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Salsa De Piña said:

Oooh!  A flat-bottom steering wheel!  Don't let the 9000 lb curb weight fool you: this thing's a racecar!  I can't wait for all the discussions about cold electron intakes.

Kidding aside, I like it.

It does share the steering wheel and touchscreen with the Corvette, and makes more power than a Z51 C8.  🙄

11 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

First mod I am making if I have to drive one will be this. It will generate 1.21 gigawatts at 88 MPH, so it should help improve the driving range.

See the source image

A company in Michigan called ONE may be able to help here.  I read an article tonight about how they took a Tesla car that had a max range of 320 miles, swapped out only the battery for one of their own, drove the car up and down Michigan without recharging, and accretive 752.2 miles total.  They then recharged the battery and placed the car on a dyno and cruised at 55mph until the battery drained and got 820 miles.  They aren't double stacking batteries like GM is.  It's just a new battery, and apparently it's more eco-friendly and not as prone to be affected by weather (heat/cold) as the current batteries are.  This was just a proof of concept test, and there's things they're still working on, but with this and solid state batteries, the future for EVs is right around the corner.  I said I'd buy one if the range exceeded 700 miles.  Looks like that'll be happened sooner than I thought.