Ordering new 2022

On 10/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, bgsntth said:

Has everyone who pre-ordered a Sierra AT4X received\offered their truck or am I the only one who has yet to receive it? Dealer said they would have it last Monday, but so far crickets. I originally reserved it on the first day, ordered it on the first day, was built in early May, sat in Central Mexico until now, and now it's "somewhere". I'm wondering what I did to GM to be deprioritized.

You didn't do anything.  You have to remember that there were 10s of thousands of trucks that were built in May and sat due to missing parts, just like yours.  Because they have so many trucks to ship out, they've had to start shipping some of them through the Gulf of Mexico into Houston.  It takes longer to get them on the road when they're shipped by boat instead of train out Mexico.  

We will take a hit on the financing with the 0% 3yr financing ending on Halloween. I'll see what my dealer can do for me. We would be trading in our 2019 AT4 6.2L, so lots of variables to plan with. Call me naïve, but I thought GM would do the right thing and extend the 0% financing to all of the 2022 orders they have yet to fulfill...........

GM's delays will definitively result in a bigger financial requirement on our part, and I'm sure many will "walk". I did receive notification today that my truck arrived at the distribution center.

My dealer refused to discuss pricing or let me pay a down payment. Up until now I have only put down the original $100. Obviously the dealer was doing this to their advantage. My AT4X is still at the distribution center (since 11/10), and I am going to another local GMC dealer today to put $1K down, lock down the price, and place my order for a Canyon AT4X First Edition.

At this point I am very wary of my yet to be received Sierra AT4X. It has already had a very troubled and mysterious life, and I think I would be constantly worried about build quality and the impact of sitting in the hot sun for months without any wax on the paint (my OCD).

Edited by bgsntth

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 1:16 PM, bgsntth said:

My dealer refused to discuss pricing or let me pay a down payment. Up until now I have only put down the original $100. Obviously the dealer was doing this to their advantage. My AT4X is still at the distribution center (since 11/10), and I am going to another local GMC dealer today to put $1K down, lock down the price, and place my order for a Canyon AT4X First Edition.

At this point I am very wary of my yet to be received Sierra AT4X. It has already had a very troubled and mysterious life, and I think I would be constantly worried about build quality and the impact of sitting in the hot sun for months without any wax on the paint (my OCD).

The paint will be fine.  Mine sat in Mexico for 5 months and it was perfect when it arrived.