2022 Silverado Regular Cab Short Bed

C/K Man

The 2.7 is a cure for a problem that didn't exist. Who indeed want's to shift manually. Hummm....well......ME!

Have you met me? 

I'm NOBODY.

The NOBODY that EVERYBODY says these things about.

SOMEBODY decided that EVERBODY needed to tell NOBODY what he needs.

They didn't ask.

Just decided that if SOMEBODY said it was so; then NOBODY would need it.

IF NOBODY needs it then EVERYBODY is off the hook for SOMBODYS screwup.

Then SOMEBODY had a bight idea.

IF we take away what NOBODY wants then he will be forced to buy what EVERBODY else is buying. 

Small problem.

NOBODY could care less what EVERBODY thought or what SOMEBODY was selling.

NOBODY gets this old THEY thought.

THEY were just as wrong as EVERYBODY else.

SOMEBODY will have to buy his own mistakes .

Cause this NOBODY has enough stock on the self to put the Reaper to sleep.

😉 

A this point SOMEBODY will tell EVERBODY that THEY have heard that STUDIES SHOW that NOBODY matters.

So SOMEBODY will convince EVERYBODY to do what they wish.

They will come an empty his selves.

NOBODY will care.

He has legs

You have what power you are given.

SOMEBODY is giving EVERBODYS away,

NOBODY is ROTFLHAO 

Well, it’s a dinosaur in the sense that I can’t think of any other pushrod V6 engines still in production. It’s death was inevitable.🦖

Everyone can get over the stigma of a 4 banger in a full sized truck with the help of 420lb ft. @ 3000 RPM. It’s just a better performer than the LV3. Hell, it’s probably a smarter choice than even the 5.3 for most people.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1

In all honesty I would be happy with the 4.3 too if they still offered it. I mean I’d be happy with the 5.3 or even the 6.2 but that’s over kill for me. It’s going to be a daily driver, long distance travel vehicle while hauling occasionally and towing once in awhile. The 2.7 definitely seems like a good engine and perfect for the lighter Silverado trucks. 

im almost positive I can get better than 23.7 lifetime average in GM’s 2.7 than I got in my F150. 

The regular box single cab will definitely come in grey, get aluminum wheels, rear wheel well liners and maybe at a latter date, suspension upgrades. I’ll have fun using it for work and using it as a faux little rally truck. Less maintenance too without the 4x4. And I still get the locking rear as I understand it, unless GM changes it for 2022. 

I’ll definitely have to custom order, but I think this is my next ride. 

18 minutes ago, F-150stxguy said:

In all honesty I would be happy with the 4.3 too if they still offered it. I mean I’d be happy with the 5.3 or even the 6.2 but that’s over kill for me. It’s going to be a daily driver, long distance travel vehicle while hauling occasionally and towing once in awhile. The 2.7 definitely seems like a good engine and perfect for the lighter Silverado trucks. 

im almost positive I can get better than 23.7 lifetime average in GM’s 2.7 than I got in my F150. 

The regular box single cab will definitely come in grey, get aluminum wheels, rear wheel well liners and maybe at a latter date, suspension upgrades. I’ll have fun using it for work and using it as a faux little rally truck. Less maintenance too without the 4x4. And I still get the locking rear as I understand it, unless GM changes it for 2022. 

I’ll definitely have to custom order, but I think this is my next ride. 

It seemed silly to me that they made a motor with about the same performance level as the 4.3 and then discontinued the very truck is suited most well, the RCSB.

Pepper is 28 mpg lifetime average over 150,000 miles. That's not by DIC but hand calculated. 

Her combination was EPA rated at 24 highway 18 city. My worst winter tank driven in the city and left running in the shop for an hour to warm the ATF for a check was 20 mpg.

I'm sure you can do better than 23.7 mpg. In the RCLB 1WT it's rated for 2021 at 23 highway, 20 city. Yea, it's highway number is actually worse. 

The T1 model for model isn't as light when we compare what we CAN buy

2014 2WD RCSB 1WT 4.3 4,387 pounds 297 hp  14.8 pounds per hp best available

2021 2WD CCSB Custom 2.7 4,602 pounds 310 hp   14.8 pounds per hp best available

Looks like two peas in a pod to me.

They would have had something here IF offered in a RCSB and IF they would have kept the frontal area the same as a K2 and IF the truck they offered it in didn't have 2 many doors....and IF.....and IF

Where the 2.7 would have shined is in a Colorado....But then the 4.3 would have been a 30 mpg + motor in a Colorado RCSB.  

(The Car Connection & Chevrolet.com)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Tim said:

It's always been the "poverty pick up" / shop truck model.

Hostess says, "Rich people are such lousy tippers". 

😡

Boss say, "It's how rich people become rich!"

:idiot:

Poverty buy? Maybe. Good sense? Always.

😜

It's good to be generous. Which is not the same thing as being silly with your money.

🤫

Edited by Grumpy Bear

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It seemed silly to me that they made a motor with about the same performance level as the 4.3 and then discontinued the very truck is suited most well, the RCSB.

Pepper is 28 mpg lifetime average over 150,000 miles. That's not by DIC but hand calculated. 

Her combination was EPA rated at 24 highway 18 city. My worst winter tank driven in the city and left running in the shop for an hour to warm the ATF for a check was 20 mpg.

I'm sure you can do better than 23.7 mpg. In the RCLB 1WT it's rated for 2021 at 23 highway, 20 city. Yea, it's highway number is actually worse. 

2021 2WD CCSB Custom 2.7 4,602 pounds 310 hp   14.8 pounds per hp best available

They would have had something here IF offered in a RCSB and IF they would have kept the frontal area the same as a K2 and IF the truck they offered it in didn't have 2 many doors....and IF.....and IF

Where the 2.7 would have shined is in a Colorado....But then the 4.3 would have been a 30 mpg + motor in a Colorado RCSB.  

4490lbs for a 2WD RCLB WT with the 2.7T.  This would be the actual lightest T1 configuration you can buy right now.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

thats incredible gas mileage. I wouldn’t be mad at that! I’ve always heard great things about the 4.3 as well. Honestly, if it were an option I would have considered it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, F-150stxguy said:

thats incredible gas mileage. I wouldn’t be mad at that! I’ve always heard great things about the 4.3 as well. Honestly, if it were an option I would have considered it. 

It is unusual. 99% of my miles are highway and I drive slow and on cruise control. That said I expect you can beat the EPA numbers with a bit of thoughtful driving. Keep me posted. PM if you like. This is of interest 😉 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It is unusual. 99% of my miles are highway and I drive slow and on cruise control. That said I expect you can beat the EPA numbers with a bit of thoughtful driving. Keep me posted. PM if you like. This is of interest 😉 

Definitely. I drive the same way pretty much. Back when I was home in the North East, and driving on county roads with little stop signs on the way to work, I had got my ecoboost up to over 24 mpg lifetime. Then when I moved to Texas that was destroyed. It’s amazing what air resistance and a brick will do to gas mileage. By the time I got rid of my truck the average gas mileage was dropping, with the In city driving and merging onto freeways and then the two lane roads. The two lane roads down here are a ******. Hardly no shoulder and 75 mph. People usually go 80 at least. When I’m on the freeway I usually stay in the right hand lane, ha!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Hostess says, "Rich people are such lousy tippers". 

😡

Boss say, "It's how rich people become rich!"

:idiot:

Poverty buy? Maybe. Good sense? Always.

😜

It's good to be generous. Which is not the same thing as being silly with your money.

🤫

Which is why it would be silly to try to market any more than the very minimum of options on this model of pickup.

Frugality is the only way I am now able to afford anything I want to buy... with cash. 😉

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Which is why it would be silly to try to market any more than the very minimum of options on this model of pickup.

Frugality is the only way I am now able to afford anything I want to buy... with cash. 😉

So I preach to the choir! :crackup:We are of like mind on the matter.

31 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

I never over pay for anything. I thought I was done buying new even at deep discount. The new little Ford truck could sway me. I still have to see it, drive it, etc. Paying cash? As long as my IRA and investments make more interest than I pay for a vehicle payment. I’ll finance. 

12 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I never over pay for anything. I thought I was done buying new even at deep discount. The new little Ford truck could sway me. I still have to see it, drive it, etc. Paying cash? As long as my IRA and investments make more interest than I pay for a vehicle payment. I’ll finance. 

As long as you are able to pay off the note on demand there is certainly no problem with that. The only peeps that truly suffered during the Great Depression were the ones living on credit. 

• Like 1