2022 Silverado Regular Cab Short Bed

C/K Man

Good news indeed but like Reel said , why only in WT ? You are literally taking away sales ...I don't get this trim/you get what you get from GM offerings.  Do we know what the WT/Lower model grilles will look like on the 22+ models ?

41 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Good news indeed but like Reel said , why only in WT ? You are literally taking away sales ...I don't get this trim/you get what you get from GM offerings.  Do we know what the WT/Lower model grilles will look like on the 22+ models ?

Yes.  Lots of plastic.  For some stupid reason the Custom trim loses the body color as well.  

Pics in here:  First Look At 2022 Chevrolet Silverado Custom & WT - GM-Trucks.com

And here:  GM Tests Next-Generation Colorado ZR2 vs Ranger Raptor vs Canyon AT4X vs Silverado ZR2 - GM-Trucks.com

Silverado1500WT.und01.KGP_.jpg

SilveradoCustom.grp04.KGP_.jpg

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Anyone like the new custom front vs the 19-21? I like it better but yes painting a couple of things would have made this work truck look better 

I do but I don't.  

You know what really bothers me?  Every trim level of Sierra has LED headlights.  2016-2018 Chevy every trim had HID or LED headlights.

And yet here we are 2022 and they are STILL using halogen reflector.  I get MAYBE the WT trim, but the Custom should get LED headlights.  

Edited by newdude

23 hours ago, newdude said:

I do but I don't.  

You know what really bothers me?  Every trim level of Sierra has LED headlights.  2016-2018 Chevy every trim had HID or LED headlights.

And yet here we are 2022 and they are STILL using halogen reflector.  I get MAYBE the WT trim, but the Custom should get LED headlights.  

Totally agree here. Why move back ?

Ram and Ford both have 2 different LED headlights.  One for their higher trims and one which is just a LED bulb for lower trim. No projectors , just straight Led BULB> but man after looking at the Silver and White one again, they really did miss out on painting the bars. You got that right mate 

This is the kind of ride I would be interested in with the revamped 2.7. As long as it comes with an USB plug and cruise control. I would even opt for the vinyl. 

In 2wd I’m sure it would be a pretty decently light package and get a smidge better gas mileage. 

Edited by F-150stxguy

26 minutes ago, F-150stxguy said:

This is the kind of ride I would be interested in with the revamped 2.7. As long as it comes with an USB plug and cruise control. I would even opt for the vinyl. 

In 2wd I’m sure it would be a pretty decently light package and get a smidge better gas mileage. 

A pretty bare bones 2.7 Crew should be around 4800 LBS i would imagine ?  Yeah that thing will scoot with that 420 LB feet of TQ . :)

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:12 PM, C/K Man said:

Word from 'gmauthority.com' is a regular cab short bed model will finally be available with the 2022 refresh.  They are saying it will only be offered in WT trim.  I still want one! 

Now bring back an LV1.

A decent 6 speed manual transmission. 

True Trac 3.42

RWD

Then put them all in the same truck in Victory Red.

😱  

Tell "Nanny" she doesn't need to come to the party.

And somebody PLEASE put a mask on that T1's ugly mug.

:crackup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Now bring back an LV1.

A decent 6 speed manual transmission. 

True Trac 3.42

RWD

Then put them all in the same truck in Victory Red.

😱  

Tell "Nanny" she doesn't need to come to the party.

And somebody PLEASE put a mask on that T1's ugly mug.

:crackup:

Why would they bring back a dinosaur that makes less power, less torque and gets worse MPG ?  And who the hell wants to shift gears in a base truck ? ( let alone any truck) Have you been in a 10 speed lately?  

I like Victory Red so i will give you that and looks are subjective. Someone loves you right ? See there you go grumps :)

18 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Why would they bring back a dinosaur that makes less power, less torque and gets worse MPG ?  And who the hell wants to shift gears in a base truck ? ( let alone any truck) Have you been in a 10 speed lately?  

I like Victory Red so i will give you that and looks are subjective. Someone loves you right ? See there you go grumps :)

The current 4.3 isn't a dinosaur.  The Vortec 4.3 before it was.  Current one is only 7 years old, same as the current 5.3 and 6.2.  

The LV1/LV3 current 4.3 is just the Gen 5 L83 5.3 with two cylinders missing.  Same GDI, AFM, etc, and makes some great power for what it is (285hp 305tq) and more on E85 (297hp 330tq). 

The first 5.3 (LS gen 3 small block) when it debuted in 1999 made 270hp 315tq.  So yea, the 4.3 is a stout little # and most everyone that bought one loves them.  

ALSO.  GM did put the 8 speed behind the 4.3 in the Express/Savana vans.  And with 3.42 gears.  I drove one once, it was a killer setup.  With that 8 speed it moved better than any of the V8 4 speeds before it.  

AND.  Still can't get the 10 speed behind the 2.7T so no point in bringing up the 10 speed in regards to the 4.3.  Or the 2022 regular cab trucks.  

That said, yes, the 2.7T is a good replacement still.  More power, lighter than the 4.3, they put the 8 speed instead of a 6 speed, its faster.  Mileage?  Eh.  Its a turbo engine.  Turbos = boost, boost = fuel consumption.  If Grumpy got a 2.7T and drove it like his 4.3, he might come close to his average fuel economy, but I don't think the 2.7T would beat it long term.  

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 2