Tonneau covers for Multi Pro Tailgates and Carbon Pro Bedliners (Denali)

Hi All,

I read through some threads about tonneau covers but there is a very specific criteria for 2019+ Denali especially as they have the multi pro tailgates and the carbon pro bedliners. I see there is a bakflip model and many of the expensive extractables, etc. I am looking specifically a soft tri-fold that does not interfere with the gate and hopefully does not require trimming the bed liner. I would even settle for a roll up. Only other requirement is needs to lock so it can only be released with the tailgate open. 

Tell me what you got and what you got to work!

I bought the BAK tri fold hardtop MX4. I had originally bought the BAK revolver rollup. It separated on day one and they wanted to warranty it! NOPE this is day one, take it back. Then went with tri fold BakFlip MX4. High quality works great, locks in each position, does not interfer with tailgate. It is a nice quality piece. At the price point of a new Denali I wasnt going to put 90's tech vinyl roll up top on her! This fits it and matches it perfectly. Install was easy maybe 30 minutes. 

It's not a soft foldable, but

RetraxOne is lockable with key (and any position)

Multipro maingate can be opened with cover open or closed (and/or locked)

Inner gate can be opened with cover open or closed (and/or locked)

Cover can be opened/closed without opening tailgate. 

Bought one for a then new '16 1500. 2 years later moved it to a new '18 2500 Denali

If GM hadn't changed the box dimensions, it would be on this '21 1500 Denali.

Sold it and bought a new one. 

RetraxOne is the polycarbonate version.

There is also RetraxPro, the aluminum version.

I had a hard tri-fold on the truck prior to the '16.

It was one that required tailgate to be opened to access latch to open cover (or I supposed a bent piece of metal cold be slipped in to operate the latch)

Also required the tailgate to be closed prior to closing the cover.

10 hours ago, L87Powered said:
10 hours ago, L87Powered said:

'20 Denali Carbon Pro w/multi-pro tailgate. I went with the GMC soft tri-fold tonneau cover. Dealer installed bracket on carbon pro bed to mount the cover to. It is a good fit and nice look but it is not lockable. PN: 84791288 

IMG_20201107_114310381.jpg

So you can open it without opening the tailgate first? :(

Edited by Thomas Rodriguez
Somehow doubled quote

On 9/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, redwngr said:

It's not a soft foldable, but

RetraxOne is lockable with key (and any position)

Multipro maingate can be opened with cover open or closed (and/or locked)

Inner gate can be opened with cover open or closed (and/or locked)

Cover can be opened/closed without opening tailgate. 

Bought one for a then new '16 1500. 2 years later moved it to a new '18 2500 Denali

If GM hadn't changed the box dimensions, it would be on this '21 1500 Denali.

Sold it and bought a new one. 

RetraxOne is the polycarbonate version.

There is also RetraxPro, the aluminum version.

I had a hard tri-fold on the truck prior to the '16.

It was one that required tailgate to be opened to access latch to open cover (or I supposed a bent piece of metal cold be slipped in to operate the latch)

Also required the tailgate to be closed prior to closing the cover.

I had a retrax on my 2014.  I won't buy another one.  After a couple of yeara, it leaked badly all down both sides and at spots in the middle.  Retrax warrantied the cover, but I had to buy new rails.  Still leaked.  

For long trips, I ended up putting a roof top bag in the back end and storing stuff in it inside the closed bed. 

• 2 weeks later...

This one works with my 2021 AT4 - the top part of the tailgate won't release while this is closed, but the whole gate will.  There is no hard lock on the outside of the tonneau cover, but it can only be released after the gate is lowered.

https://www.actiontrucks.com/product-detail/ACTENT114/enthuze-soft-tri-fold-tonneau-cover