Flashed at night

19 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

The truck doesnt have a caroline squat. Rear still has just over 1 inch gap more then the front. I know how to align headlights, its not my first time doing headlights. And yes, ill be a douche if you blind me for no ****ing reason, ill blind you back. 

You may try having them professionally aimed. You came here to ask the question, so people are giving you answers.

People are flashing you for a reason. They think your brights may be on, or your headlamps are not aimed safely. It's not offensive, unless they leave them on. If you're over 30, you'll understand that really bright lights from oncoming traffic are annoying, and can make for unsafe travel.

• Like 1

Most of my night driving is out of town/city 2 lane.

I drive a 21 sierra.

I don't get flashed. 

I meet lots of 20/21 1500 sierras.

I don't feel the need to flash them either.

Just saying it shouldn’t be automatically assumed that the people doing the flashing have a good reason. Too bright for their tastes or their eyes doesn’t mean illegal or poorly aimed. There’s countless threads in this and the K2 forum (since they adopted HIDs and LEDs) about people getting flashed in their stock trucks. Same with Ram and Ford. Tall trucks, short cars. It happens. And it’s not because every truck on the planet is coming off the line with badly aimed or non-compliant headlights.

If the aim is verified to be good, what more can you do without compromising your own vision?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Just saying it shouldn’t be automatically assumed that the people doing the flashing have a good reason. Too bright for their tastes or their eyes doesn’t mean illegal or poorly aimed. There’s countless threads in this and the K2 forum (since they adopted HIDs and LEDs) about people getting flashed in their stock trucks. Same with Ram and Ford. Tall trucks, short cars. It happens. And it’s not because every truck on the planet is coming off the line with badly aimed or non-compliant headlights.

If the aim is verified to be good, what more can you do without compromising your own vision?

If someone’s getting flashed enough that feel compelled to make a forum post about it, they probably need to adjust their lights.  It’s worth investigating at the very least.

None of us can say for sure, but since he asked for advice, people gave him advice.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorthskyblueT1 said:

If you're over 30, you'll understand that really bright lights from oncoming traffic are annoying, and can make for unsafe travel.

Road rage is quickly gaining in popularity.

There was an article in the local paper where an indivdual bothered the wrong type of random. Random then followed the victim home and proceded to beat the victim to death in his driveway.

A friend of mine big into criminology stated that a large percentage of crime victims never realized they had been followed.

For at least 10 years lv notice that most headlights shine like high beams going up an incline.  Usually if the running lights are on the low beams are on. If I get flashed often I adjust my headlights. As easy it is to tigger people these days I don’t chance it. I never pull in my driveway if someone is following me. But of course I keep my hand close to the equalizer if I feel threatened. 

2020 Silverado rst, 3-4 inches lower than stock (from weight) and I get flashed all the time. From behind my light hits little shitboxes right in the side mirrors as well. 
unloaded at exactly stock height I get flashed even more. 
my 2018 also got flashed. 
as did my 2015. 
most drivers in my state (Virginia) should not have a license. 

I too get flashed ALOTTTT. I have a 17 Sierra and they come with pretty bright lights/fog lights, some drivers even turn on their high beams, but doesn’t bother me I have tinted windshield so they’re high beams don’t blind me.

623F0C2A-B8C7-4593-B416-45C49E0BB838.jpeg

• 1 month later...

YES!!!  Mine are properly adjusted.  I think that it is the headlight design how it "looks" like the top and middle banks of lights are on so Individuals of Questionable Intelligence (IQIs) think that both my lows and highs are on and decide that I need to be informed or educated about the status of my lights.  I, in turn, decide to inform and educate them that there is a third bank of lights below those and what the actual high beams on a 2019+ Sierra look like.  I also have the "all on" high beam mod so they get all of the lumens that my truck can bring to bear when I pull back on the stick.  

Not being a dick, just educating IQIs.   I have noticed that it has stopped lately.  I got beamed about every 4 hours of night driving back when these trucks were brand new.  I think that many people have learned that the stack of lights are just the lows.  Might also be the pandemic where people have bigger things to worry about than some guy with lights on his truck... such as if the guy in the truck is wearing a mask while driving alone. 

• Like 2