Anyone else have multiple issue regarding the lifters? I purchased a demo truck with 3900 miles on it back in early May. Started having engine issues almost immediately and had gotten all my lifters replaced recently, with under 7,000 miles on the truck. Spent almost a month at the dealer and finally got it back. They replaced all the lifters the first time and then a few weeks later it started having issues again.

Luckily with the market conditions today I was able to trade out and get a newer one but I gotta admit I'm concerned.

Anyone else dealing with this issue repeatedly?

There are a few threads on here about this topic. There was a run of engines made prior to March 4th 2021 that were having failures. I forget the exact dates but it was small span from January to March that had problems.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to hear that.  Mind just started doing it today.  Dropped it off at the dealership and they said it was becoming common.  They had 5 in the service for it now.  Due to a part backorder, may take 3-4 weeks to complete repair.  Friend had same problem, but they were able to fix his in a couple days.  So far, his is back to running good.  I hope they get this figured out soon.  

• 2 weeks later...

2021 RST CC 5.3 5485miles went in on September 10 hopefully I’ll get it back this week. All 16 lifters are being replaced. Now I’m wondering if I should trade it off and wait for the 2022s. 

My question is how long this fix will last before there’s another issue!

Engine build dates with issues are from September 2020 till March 2021.