I purchased a 2021 Silverado Z71 in April, and I love it, but an odd quirk with the infotainment system. Each time I get in my truck, with the same cell phone I always carry, I cannot make a voice activated call for up to 5 minutes.  The response is always "please wait, I am loading your contacts".  Why does the system load my contacts each time I get it the vehicle?  Is there any way to have it store the contacts and not upload every time?  Is it supposed to do this?

7 hours ago, DrBaylor said:

I purchased a 2021 Silverado Z71 in April, and I love it, but an odd quirk with the infotainment system. Each time I get in my truck, with the same cell phone I always carry, I cannot make a voice activated call for up to 5 minutes.  The response is always "please wait, I am loading your contacts".  Why does the system load my contacts each time I get it the vehicle?  Is there any way to have it store the contacts and not upload every time?  Is it supposed to do this?

Welcome to the site, congratulations on your new truck.

Found this from another post here on the site, what is the brand of your phone?

Figured it out for Android. If you have had several  Chevrolet or GM vehicles, make sure your connecting via the correct device interface in your phone. 

Go to settings.

Hold down or left click the "Bluetooth" bar, not the toggle switch but the bar itself. 

A list of devices should pop up.

Select "MyChevrolet"

A list should pop up. 

Make sure switch is turned on for "Sync Contacts"

Voila