Hello All,

New to this site, just bought a new 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss a few weeks ago. One of the first things I am doing to this truck is upgrading the few halogen bulbs that GM decided to keep on it. The Rear backup and license plate lights all went super smooth, no issue. But when I went to remove the front blinker bulb from the housing I was faced with a different configuration than what I've seen. The place where you would normally find the circular grip for twisting out the bulb has a small hex head there in place, and it does not look to actually come apart (Please see attached picture). I think that I might have a different blinker than what normally comes with this trim (and I think it may already be LED) but I am unable to find anything online that resembles or mentions this configuration. I am only able to find the typical bulb backing which does not match mine.

Does anyone have insight to this or possibly know what kind of blinker I have? I have included a picture of the back of the blinker as well as the light housing itself as I think it too looks slightly different than others I have seen.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

@Tansient

DUDE!! Thank you!! I was not planning on getting a midnight edition but due to current stock, it was the only options they had. I knew some of the items the package came with but did not know that it changed the front blinker lol. I had been looking up every other reason for the difference besides midnight edition.

You rock!

18 minutes ago, Seth Trebatoski said:

@Tansient

DUDE!! Thank you!! I was not planning on getting a midnight edition but due to current stock, it was the only options they had. I knew some of the items the package came with but did not know that it changed the front blinker lol. I had been looking up every other reason for the difference besides midnight edition.

You rock!

You're welcome.  I wasn't aware that midnight edition had different headlights until a few months ago.  One of the things midnight edition got were HID LED headlights that have LED turn signals, same as the LTZ and High Country trucks.  Trail Bosses without the midnight edition package got non-HID LED headlights with halogen turn signals.

Edited by Transient

6 minutes ago, newdude said:

Yep Midnight LT Trail Boss gets the LTZ/High Country full LED lamps.  One less upgrade to make!

Yeah didn't know HID LED Headlights meant the upgrade to the blinkers. Now just have to try to return part of the package I got from Lasfit. Got the LT Trailboss package that came with LED's for license plate, backup lights and Turn signal. Awesome lights btw, the backup lights are insane. Now I'm seeing if I can just return the blinkers since they were the majority of the price. I'm sure I'll be able to work something out with them. I was dumb for not checking before hand, but everything I saw with Trail Boss' online were the same.

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Just the High Country and Midnight Edition LT TB get those headlights. LTZ has the same ones as LT & RST, with incandescent turn signals. I put the LASFIT LEDs in mine.

put the lasfit in mine today. they look great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dasimmon said:

put the lasfit in mine today. they look great

Yeah, the backup lights are intense. Love them, makes a great light for the reverse camera.

58 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Yup. Mine have lasted two years and still going too. Pretty impressive. Lots of crappy LED bulbs wouldn’t live half that long.

They are on the more expensive side of LED's that you can buy. But they are definitely quality. Which is what I'm going for on the new vehicle. And the price isn't insane, just compared to LED's that you could buy.

8 hours ago, Seth Trebatoski said:

Yeah didn't know HID LED Headlights meant the upgrade to the blinkers. Now just have to try to return part of the package I got from Lasfit. Got the LT Trailboss package that came with LED's for license plate, backup lights and Turn signal. Awesome lights btw, the backup lights are insane. Now I'm seeing if I can just return the blinkers since they were the majority of the price. I'm sure I'll be able to work something out with them. I was dumb for not checking before hand, but everything I saw with Trail Boss' online were the same.

If you want to take that reverse lighting to a whole new level, GM Accessories has that Putco blade lightbar for under the tailgate.  It has red flag leds for turn signals, and uses those same leds for an additional stop light.  However, when your reverse lights turn on the bar lights up in the same bright white the LasFit led reverse and license plates are.  It's a whole strip of white light that really lights up the area you're backing into.  The camera on these trucks really catches it, too.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the info I just spent 30 minutes trying to muscle the back of the existing LED housing out. Glad i stopped to look and see what someone had to say.

Edited by Rico1