17' 6.2 Whipple Supercharged Catch Can excessive oil in catch can

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2 with a whipple charger and a mighty mouse catch can. I noticed that within 100 miles i had about 3 ounces of oil already. Is that a lot of oil or is that normal? That seemed like a lot to me. Truck has 55k on it and the charger has only been on a few thousand miles. Could the piston rings already be shot and oil is escaping past the rings? Thanks

If oil was making it's way past the rings, it would be burning it and going out the tail pipe.

You might have a situation of extra crankcase pressure that is causing the catch can to pull in more oil.

What does Whipple have to say about this, if you've talked with them?

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

You're warm weather location I would use a heavier oil and not worry about it. Try different weights. 

8 hours ago, CamGTP said:

If oil was making it's way past the rings, it would be burning it and going out the tail pipe.

You might have a situation of extra crankcase pressure that is causing the catch can to pull in more oil.

What does Whipple have to say about this, if you've talked with them?

I have not talked with them about it. I will give them a call and see what they say. 

all that power is cooking the cylinders and rings, you might need to upgrade the slugs to a more reasonable 8;1 CR, and better gapless rings... maybe add oil sprayers from a boosted LS motor

before you change the oil add 1 quart of Dextron trans fluid to the motor and take for a 5 mile drive. the detergents will loosen up the rings, do this every oil change. boosted motors need a 3000mile  OCI

I would of just went with a NO2 bottle and called it a day, maybe sell the whole kit off and go back to NA

Edited by pokismoki