Adding Power fold Mirrors to your T1 truck without the memory package

To everything installed and for some reason driver side works opposite no matter how I hook it up lol going to try a different way before buying a second module. I had to swap terminal 13 with 5 to get puddle lights to work

Got everything working with puddle lights. The module will not unfold mirrors if I remote start the truck. I have to turn it off and infold then start it.  I have tried swapping the dip switch inside but then it folds the mirrors when I turn truck on after a remote start lol

• Like 1

When you enter the truck after the remote start you have to step on the brake and push the start button. After that you should be able to use your switch to open the mirrors. 

2 hours ago, Tlee6 said:

When you enter the truck after the remote start you have to step on the brake and push the start button. After that you should be able to use your switch to open the mirrors. 

Ahhh I don’t have a switch yet. But it says when ignition turns on it should unfold

10 hours ago, Tlee6 said:

Ahhh I don’t have a switch yet. But it says when ignition turns on it should unfold.  Going to install a relay that gets a signal when shifter out of park and applies ignition to power fold module so they work with the fob and buttons till out of park

What are the pin numbers on the mirror for the puddle lights?   Where do they connect on your truck?

• 4 weeks later...

Been super busy at work.  I have a few days now to get everything working.  Trying to find the proper connectors to fit, as the OP has the wrong size.   I really don't want to push the wire through the connector and fold the wire back

15 minutes ago, LowUfo said:

Been super busy at work.  I have a few days now to get everything working.  Trying to find the proper connectors to fit, as the OP has the wrong size.   I really don't want to push the wire through the connector and fold the wire back

I never found the correct connectors but it’s worked fine for years, if wired properly it’s fused at 5amps and it’s not mission critical. If the wire comes loose, the mirror will have to be manually folded and unfolded. If the wire comes loose and shorts out, the fuse blows… and it’s a manual folding mirror again.

maybe be able to find the connector on eBay or something and salvage the terminals that way

• Like 1

I confirmed that Pin 5 works to turn the puddle lights on (test bench checked).  When I finally get some time to do the install, would the power source come from K9X6 pin 4  (door unlock)?   If so, do I need to install a time delay (off) relay so the puddle lights stay on for a number of seconds, or does pin 4 keep power on for 10 to 15 seconds?  Where did you power your puddle lights from.

Also, has anyone got their driver's side mirror dimming to work?  That should be Pin 17.  Where did you connect the power source to?

On 5/20/2024 at 7:28 PM, Lowrado20 said:

Got everything working with puddle lights. The module will not unfold mirrors if I remote start the truck. I have to turn it off and infold then start it.  I have tried swapping the dip switch inside but then it folds the mirrors when I turn truck on after a remote start lol

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:54 AM, Timothy Lee said:

Attached is an updated wiring diagram eliminating the OEM door mirror switch and adding momentary switch.

Silverado Mirror wiring diagram02092024.pdf 209 kB · 52 downloads

Timothy, reviving an older threat here! Thank you for posting your diagram and efforts here. I have a 2020 LT Trail Boss and I was pulled over for towing my boat with the small mirrors as the CHP officer said I didn't have sufficient view behind me. I just purchased two OEM Tow mirrors with Camera and power fold for same year GMC Sierra 1500. I am going to attempt the wiring per your diagram this weekend. One question... I really want to use the mirror/window switch panel... I bought the switch with the power fold button, is there anyway to use that instead of a separate momentary switch?

41 minutes ago, 2020LTTB said:

Timothy, reviving an older thread here! Thank you for posting your diagram and efforts here. I have a 2020 LT Trail Boss and I was pulled over for towing my boat with the small mirrors as the CHP officer said I didn't have sufficient view behind me. I just purchased two OEM Tow mirrors with Camera and power fold for same year GMC Sierra 1500. I am going to attempt the wiring per your diagram this weekend. One question... I really want to use the mirror/window switch panel... I bought the switch with the power fold button, is there anyway to use that instead of a separate momentary switch?