Adding Power fold Mirrors to your T1 truck without the memory package

My truck is the 2023 Elevation with 360 cameras and front perimeter lighting.    I cannot get any aftermarket mirrors that are set up for the 360 degree cameras.   No auto wreckers around have mirrors or anything on the new trucks.  May have to look at getting factory GM mirrors...

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, Aaaaaaaayush said:

I found a cheap pair of T1 Power folding mirrors on 1AAUTO (NON OEM) that are meant just as a replacement to the OEM Memory Package mirrors, obviously I don't have the memory package but I really wanted to give this a try and so far I would call it a success!

This is what I ordered:

• P/N: 1AMRP03092 The Mirrors (from 1AAUTO.COM)
  • P/N: 84532268 The OEM Power Fold Switch (from any GM Parts store)
  • 22-20 Ga. Female GT 150 Series, Sealed #12191818 The Terminals (from amazon)

• 22 AWG 6 conductor wire The Cable (from amazon)

• And The heart of the project: a generic, Chinese, Cheap Power fold mirror controller (from amazon)

I WILL MOSLTY BE FOCUSING ON EXPLAINING THE DRIVERS SIDE FOR THIS POST, IT IS ALMOST THE SAME ON THE PASSANGER SIDE EXCEPT THAT SIDE HAS THE AMBIENT TEMP SENSOR. WHEN YOU DISCONNECT THIS SENSOR AND RECONNECT IT THE TRUCK WILL SHOW -40 DEGREES, TO RECALIBRATE THE AMBIENT TEMP SENSOR YOU MUST DRIVE GREATER THAN 65MPH FOR MORE THAN 1 MINUTE.

Now my goal for this project was just to be able to power fold my mirrors when I leave my truck and lock the doors, but also unfold when I unlock. I haven't received the interior switch just yet but I am planning on figuring out how to make it work!

I started with checking my door harnesses for any existing wire that would make this easier, my truck came from the factory with the wiring for power adjustable mirrors, heated mirrors, and the puddle/task lamps (which is odd because my OEM mirrors did not have the puddle nor task lamps. The new aftermarket mirrors did include the two lights and I was able to get both of them working.

Next I played with the generic power fold mirror controller to see how it worked. It has the inputs for lock and unlock as well as inputs for an interior switch. The power inputs are +12V,GND, and ACC. There is just one two-wire output to fold and unfold the mirrors by switching the polarity of the motors. The ACC Wire (Accessory) is required because the controller folds and unfolds the mirrors based on the lock status. When ACC is applied the lock and unlock folding feature is disabled.

Next I looked at the GM Upfitter Electrical pinout section to see what pins I was looking for on the Mirror. There are only two pins for the Power Fold Motor, 

1.  Pin 3 Circuit 3412 Driver Mirror Motor Fold IN Control
  2.  Pin 15 Circuit 3411 Driver Mirror Motor Fold Out Control

I first ran the new wires from the drivers side fuse panel to each mirror going under the dash and through the door harness holes and boots. I then terminated two leads on each side right at the mirror, the cable I used had 6 wires but I just wanted extra for any future projects. The mirrors went on without a hitch, and I pulled the locking pin off the mirror connector and put in my new two terminated leads in there correct positions (polarity really doesn't matter because reversing the polarity will just make the motor turn the wrong way). 

Now we have two new power folding mirrors with our own DIY harnesses installed and ready to go.

Next is finding your power sources and Lock and Unlock signals. For the +12V I used literally any fuse on the drivers side (they are all always powered) and for the ACC I had to run a wire to the heated steering wheel fuse on the passenger side (The passenger side fuse box has both always on power and accessory power). For the lock and unlock signals I used Pins 2 and 4 of the K9 Body Control Module pink X6 connector. These are for the drivers door lock actuator.

Finally with the ignition off so that ACC is not powered connect the Fold control wires from the controller to the mirrors and press the lock and unlock button to get the polarity correct. If its wrong just flip the two wires for that corresponding mirror.

If you have any questions just reply!

IMG_6519.thumb.jpg.c742a88c9f1f296aeb0c14cc94265143.jpg

IMG_6520.thumb.jpg.d53f73f5ceac785aa24cffbf32fefdb3.jpg

IMG_6521.thumb.jpg.ee566b4bf8dd598824b2b620ad9acf75.jpg

IMG_6522.thumb.jpg.f1a3dabb137a0b0bf54868122f29fc0e.jpg

IMG_6523.thumb.jpg.884515fa1791d43c00aaaa85d0a67581.jpg

IMG_6547.thumb.jpg.7ec4eb9eb67e24f67ce7693dc6772185.jpg

You can see the Generic controller tucked away inside the drivers side fuse panel.

Sent you a message

I now have the factory mirrors with camera, puddle lights, perimeter lights, blind spot indicator.  Controller, switch, and wiring are almost done now.

I want to connect the puddle lights so they work.  Does anyone know how to connect them?

2023 GMC Sierra Elevation

i bought the terminals listed and they are too big for the mirror and door connectors????

On 5/10/2024 at 4:29 PM, LowUfo said:

I now have the factory mirrors with camera, puddle lights, perimeter lights, blind spot indicator.  Controller, switch, and wiring are almost done now.

I want to connect the puddle lights so they work.  Does anyone know how to connect them?

2023 GMC Sierra Elevation

They use a common ground with the mirror and then are feed power from the BCM..

You are correct the original author did purchase the wrong size. He told me he feed the conductor through the connector and folded it over little bit. I did the same and it is a lot easier than using a connector.

7 minutes ago, Tlee6 said:

You are correct the original author did purchase the wrong size. He told me he feed the conductor through the connector and folded it over little bit. I did the same and it is a lot easier than using a connector.

lol that would have been nice to know. I emailed notation but I’m sure they won’t tell me the correct terminal either. 

So. OP said he got the puddle lights to work as he had the wires already.  I do as well. Also have them at the BCM. Did he have to get it programmed or did they just work??

I have power fold,puddle,front flood light and camera on my mirrors going on. How do all these lights turn on?? Obviously the camera won’t work but I would like the puddle lights to work. 

4 hours ago, Lowrado20 said:

So. OP said he got the puddle lights to work as he had the wires already.  I do as well. Also have them at the BCM. Did he have to get it programmed or did they just work??

I have power fold,puddle,front flood light and camera on my mirrors going on. How do all these lights turn on?? Obviously the camera won’t work but I would like the puddle lights to work. 

I wired the puddle lights(bottom facing) and the task lights(opposite side of the mirror) together in the door, then at the BCM I got power from the dome light wire, the dome light signal(+12v) is a PWM brightness control that can dim and bright a 12v LED directly. If you try to use a relay it will chatter as the lights fade in and out. Be aware there is a current limit on this output, if overloaded the BCM will attempt 3 restarts(lights flash 3 times) until it works or it’s too much. I was able to get the following led lights all to function just from the dome light wire: dome light, task light(L+R), puddle light(L+R), footwell led stripes (4), and led strips as welcome lights under the truck(6ft L +6ftR).

Only ones that know are boostauto.  I found a harness out of a 3.0 LM2 at work and used the terminals to make it work. I also had a harness from the body of a vehicle that had the correct male terminals for door pass through.  All wired up like factory just have to finish moding the mirror caps because I’m not going to use the front flood lights.  Then wire the module for power fold. For as 2020 the back dome lamp is x1 terminal 23