I have a 2016 GMC Sierra Denali with navigation, Bose and android auto/car play. Is it possible to upgrade to the 2018 interface that has the app store? I have a 2018 Equinox and enjoy the weather channel app and the extra settings options. I know the 2018 Denali has the same interface as my Equinox and was hoping I could update mine. 

If anyone has any knowledge on this and what module I need to change please let me know.

Thanks

I mean we can absolutely upgrade you to that interface but the app shop wont work. You're missing some other hardware and other issues that will pop up to make it work. If you're serious you can contact us from our site and can give you the general idea but its not something thats likely going to work. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GTPprix said:

I mean we can absolutely upgrade you to that interface but the app shop wont work. You're missing some other hardware and other issues that will pop up to make it work. If you're serious you can contact us from our site and can give you the general idea but its not something thats likely going to work. 

Will the 2018 settings work? On the 2018 you can turn on vehicle WiFi from the radio. On 2016 you can't. You have to use the app. 

34 minutes ago, TeamNadomas said:

Will the 2018 settings work? On the 2018 you can turn on vehicle WiFi from the radio. On 2016 you can't. You have to use the app. 

Hmmm, my 2017 has vehicle WiFi which turns on every time I start the truck.
One would need a subscription to the WiFi capabilities, though. Same as On-Star or Sirius XM.
It's $25 a month, well worth it for the benefits (for the WiFi, On-Star and Sirius XM are extra).
Best thing is, my AutoSync automatically connects to it (the WiFi) for AutoSync and BTDiesel updates for module programming.
Seriously, if one wants to mod their modules, there isn't anything better than WAMS paired with BTDiesel, and the truck WiFi availability.

Edited by MikeBMW

37 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Hmmm, my 2017 has vehicle WiFi which turns on every time I start the truck.
One would need a subscription to the WiFi capabilities, though. Same as On-Star or Sirius XM.
It's $25 a month, well worth it for the benefits (for the WiFi, On-Star and Sirius XM are extra).
Best thing is, my AutoSync automatically connects to it (the WiFi) for AutoSync and BTDiesel updates for module programming.
Seriously, if one wants to mod their modules, there isn't anything better than WAMS paired with BTDiesel, and the truck WiFi availability.

That's what I don't like... I want the ability to cut it on or off from the radio. You can also change the WiFi name and password from the radio in 2018. Since the major hardware change came in 2019 it seems like an easy thing to upgrade a 2016 to 2018 interface. I just need someone that can sell me a module programmed to my Vin. It's a better value to buy the GM unlimited WiFi for 2 years for $360 which is what I did

5 minutes ago, TeamNadomas said:

That's what I don't like... I want the ability to cut it on or off from the radio. You can also change the WiFi name and password from the radio in 2018. Since the major hardware change came in 2019 it seems like an easy thing to upgrade a 2016 to 2018 interface. I just need someone that can sell me a module programmed to my Vin. It's a better value to buy the GM unlimited WiFi for 2 years for $360 which is what I did

Yeah my '17 is same way.

12 minutes ago, TeamNadomas said:

In the settings on the 2017 one can always go in to settings and change WiFi name and password.
If you need further mods, I still recommend WAMS for changes.
2 years for $360 is a good deal.

9 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

In the settings on the 2017 one can always go in to settings and change WiFi name and password.
If you need further mods, I still recommend WAMS for changes.
2 years for $360 is a good deal.

What is WAMS?

I don't know what I need. I just know I prefer the 2018 interface better and trying to find someone that can help me get this done

13 hours ago, GTPprix said:

WAMS replied earlier. See above.

Also, sorry, it's been a while, you'll need the myChevrolet app to change WiFi name and password.

Edited by MikeBMW

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Your post is above his🤔😬

I figured maybe it was missed since WAMS was a question for him?
And Chris's post was below his?

Edited by MikeBMW

1 minute ago, MikeBMW said:

Also, sorry, it's been a while, you'll need the myChevrolet app to chand WiFi name and password.

FYI... I have GM WiFi, I have the MyChevy app, MyGMC app and MyCadillac app. What I don't have is the 2018 radio interface. If it's possible to get it on my 2016 that's what I want to buy. I know all the differences and what each interface can do. If anyone has done this or know of a company please let me know.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, TeamNadomas said:

What is WAMS?

I don't know what I need. I just know I prefer the 2018 interface better and trying to find someone that can help me get this done

This:

GTPprix

• Innovation, not duplication.
  • pip_wrench-6.png
  • GTPprix
  • Supporting Vendor
  • team_vendor.png
  • 998 posts
  • Name:Chris White
  • Drives:2020 Sierra Denali Ultimate
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I figured maybe it was missed since WAMS was a question for him?
And Chris's post was below his?

Yea, no time to scroll back to the top of the page, we only go forward on this site🧐

• Haha 1