4l60e pan with a drain plug in the front/middle?

as txab has shown you there are many aftermarket pans , i have been told the aluminum are better sealing and displace heat faster, amazon , summit racing ,  jegs , all have pans with drains , you have many choices, i also was told by transmission builders , get a deep pan 

Edited by Brian Lindsey

Yeah, I've also found that the several of the more expensive pans, $150+ have drains in the center/front but I would definitely install my own plug before I paid that.  The dorman pan might work and I may give it a try even though I was trying to avoid a deeper pan.

Thanks!

The Dorman pictured above is the standard deep pan for the 4L60E. The 4L60E shows a shallow (flat pan) that fits it, but I never seen one on a truck. The Dorman matched my OE for depth, I snagged it years ago when Amazon had for like $10

4 hours ago, txab said:

The Dorman pictured above is the standard deep pan for the 4L60E. The 4L60E shows a shallow (flat pan) that fits it, but I never seen one on a truck. The Dorman matched my OE for depth, I snagged it years ago when Amazon had for like $10

I think I'll add that one to my Amazon cart and wait for it to go on sale since I ended up reinstalling the stock pan for now.