325/65/18 (35" x 13") on Stock 18's - Pictures Inside

Quite a while ago, I bought a set of factory 18" rims from a midnight edition HD. I was planning to run 35x12.50x18's, but tire prices went up and some tires became hard to find. Finally, I found a good deal at my local tire shop on a set of Sumitomo Encounter AT's in 325/65/18. For those that don’t know, Falken tires are made by Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. The Sumitomo Encounter AT has a lot of similarities to the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, which I ran previously and was very pleased with. The Encounter AT is a fairly aggressive all-terrain, with a 60,000 mile warranty and the 3PMS rating. The tread depth in my size is 20/32, which is about the deepest you’ll find in an all-terrain. The 325/65/18 has an overall diameter of 34.7” and a section width of 13.3”. They look huge compared to my old 285/75/17’s. 

My suspension is completely stock, except for a 1.5" crank (7-8 turns) on the torsion bars and shock extensions. Much to my surprise (and delight), the 325/65/18’s fit without any additional modifications. They’re really tight, but they clear. They barely rub the frame at full lock, but I'm not worried about that. I’ll probably pull back my fender liners with zip ties, for extra peace of mind. They're very close when hitting a bump while turning. They look like they belong on the truck, and I’m quite happy with them. These trucks have a very blocky/wide body style, and a bigger tire helps fill the wheel wells and improve the overall look.

Here's a few pictures...

image1 (2).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

image3 (2).jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great!! I was just at a 4 wheel drive shop here and they told me they don't recommend BFG 2Ko's for heavy trucks due to wearing out fast. Not sure if this is true but mine are wearing very fast. Not sure what to go with next but defiantly looking at your size!  How have they held up?