Story: transmission overheated @ 60k miles. Warranty replaced with new transmission.  I’ve had the vehicle (2018 suburban LT 4x4) since new and always sit around 190 degrees give or take and back and fourth around 200 when towing. With the new transmission I keep hitting 210 up to 220 driving around town and not driving hard. I haven’t towed yet but tow often and I  am very concerned and afraid to tow. I just finished a thermostat delete to test that out and driving for about 30 min around town and freeway it was over 190 and climbing. It took a while to get there compared to normal but still got hot.  Dealership has no clue and the transmission shop has no clue. I need help in figuring out what could be causing the heat. I am so for an oil change and my AC blow nice and cold.  

Since you already did the thermostat delete then the next step would be to make sure there are no restrictions on your cooler line. If that is all good then you might consider installing a larger cooler. 

• Like 1