Finally went and got my new plates today, Texas Ducks Unlimited edition with 3 labs on it. Decided to put my boys in front and snap a quick pic...the labs on the license plate are much more well behaved than mine! 

2470ABBF-8A45-4016-ADA9-12CD48D48473_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Putco Blade came in today, it wasn't supposed to be here until Tuesday so I'll take it! Unfortunately the wiring harness isn't here quite yet, but still went ahead and put it on. I'll update again with pics when the harness gets in. 

I managed to install it without taking the tailgate off, it was a bit difficult but I got it on there! 

3D3463E0-9BB8-4571-BE3F-8D4CEE549F72.jpeg

6DE0180E-49AF-40D8-89B4-1721A43D4313_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by TyGriff13

I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is with the Ranch Hand on the front it only gives me about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

Do y'all think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

Got the bedside lettering in and working on getting all of the badges/lettering blacked out now. 

Also, managed to get the illuminated front bow tie installed even with the Ranch Hand on, it was a bit difficult but I got it done! 

5F5EF383-9925-47C5-98EF-4248A321CF07_1_201_a.jpeg

Got all of the tailgate letters put on and the Putco wiring harness installed with the LED reverse lights. 

Trying to figure out what to do next until the King coilovers come in....any ideas?

18C17F39-892C-4D58-9B44-7029CDC5BE31_1_201_a.jpeg

3BDFD549-4763-42D4-AD20-871F8FF5AB3C_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by TyGriff13

I love the tailgate; just did the blackout badges myself. I had a Black 2015 Silverado Midnight edition so EVERYTHING was blacked out, lol. Now I have a Pearl 2020 Silverado RST and the blacked out look still calls to me....

Been thinking about doing all my light covers blacked out as well. Like it was mentioned earlier, the black accents really stand out on the white/pearl color schemes. Mine will end up looking like a stormtrooper before the end of the year haha.

• Like 1

Your truck is really shaping up with nice mods. Congrats.

I'm waiting until you get to the decision of dyno-tuning alternatives.  I have the LTZ with the Kooks LTs and Y-pipe. Still deciding on the manufacturer for the rest of the exhaust. Two things I know I want is, stainless and converting OE tips to duals.

The price for HP Tuners, with my local tuner is a bit crazy. With our trucks (2019+), send in ECM, wait a week for return after programming and then it can be tuned. est. $3k+

Still though, I'm still researching alternatives for the dyno-tuning route.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, DenaliSS said:

Your truck is really shaping up with nice mods. Congrats.

I'm waiting until you get to the decision of dyno-tuning alternatives.  I have the LTZ with the Kooks LTs and Y-pipe. Still deciding on the manufacturer for the rest of the exhaust. Two things I know I want is, stainless and converting OE tips to duals.

The price for HP Tuners, with my local tuner is a bit crazy. With our trucks (2019+), send in ECM, wait a week for return after programming and then it can be tuned. est. $3k+

Still though, I'm still researching alternatives for the dyno-tuning route.

Thanks much! 

I've got the Hooker Blackheart cat-back currently, but due to fitment issues I just ordered the Borla S-Type exhaust with black quad tips. 

The cost to tune these trucks is absolutely insane, so much so that I'm contemplating just doing a Whipple on the front end. The price for a reputable tuner around here to do the Kooks, y-pipe, misc. other components, and the tune is $6k. Cost for the supercharger installed and tuned would be $8200. 

Just to get the damn ECM unlocked from HpTuners is $1300, just crazy. I'd love to hear what your truck sounds like with the headers and Y if you've got a video laying around. 

22 hours ago, TyGriff13 said:

Thanks much! 

I've got the Hooker Blackheart cat-back currently, but due to fitment issues I just ordered the Borla S-Type exhaust with black quad tips. 

The cost to tune these trucks is absolutely insane, so much so that I'm contemplating just doing a Whipple on the front end. The price for a reputable tuner around here to do the Kooks, y-pipe, misc. other components, and the tune is $6k. Cost for the supercharger installed and tuned would be $8200. 

Just to get the damn ECM unlocked from HpTuners is $1300, just crazy. I'd love to hear what your truck sounds like with the headers and Y if you've got a video laying around. 

Yeah, sure wish there was another alternative to HP Tuners. Besides the $$$, you'll lose the use of your truck for a week and that's if you time it right to schedule with the tuner for another grand on the dyno.

From another thread. Cold start and a few revs. The trucks sounds tame and this is with S&B CAI, opens up on the open road when passing.  I thought my 6.0L sounded good with LTs and Corsa Touring, can't wait to hear the 6.2 with finished exhaust.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, TyGriff13 said:

Rear Ranch Hand with stock tips, the Hooker Blackheart cat-back is run to them. Truck sounds great! 

Love to hear it if you have some audio.  Been looking into this exhaust setup for mine.