Questions regarding the OBDLink MX+

I hope that I am putting this in the correct forum. 

I have a 2021 GMC Sierra Elevation 4X4 with the 3.0L Duramax. I bought the OBDLink MX+ so that I could pair it with my phone and be able to use the app to monitor certain things as I drive. Either I don't know what I'm doing (most likely) or the OBDLink isn't reading certain things correctly. 

I would like to be able to see how long it will be until my truck goes into a regen cycle. I'm not really sure if the OBDLink can tell me this. If it can, I don't know what the exact setting (I think they are called PIDs) is called. 

The temp gauge reads about 25° hotter than the truck's gauge does.

The torque gauge usually reads at <100 ft. lbs. This obviously doesn't seem correct. 

The horsepower gauge reads at <50 horsepower at all times. Again, doesn't seem to be correct. 

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. I don't know if I have chosen the wrong setting, or what. I didn't have any issues at all with setting up the device or pairing it with my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• 5 months later...

I have a 2021 Silverado with 3.0L and purchased a obdlink mx+ using bluetooth. OBDLINK recognized my 2021, under settings updated firmware, get enhanced OEM add ons - 2021 not available I selected 2019.

Dashboard has two screens one with radial gauges and the second with square gauges. set up radial gauges to have mph, eng temp, rpm, maf, fuel rate, battery

Second dashboard is square gauges (swipe screen) I set up eng pwr, eng torque, def tank level, eng temp, normalized trigger for def regen, dpf regen status. second dash board set up using add display select digital gauge next select dark next select pid next select SAE PIDs a very long list comes up i swipped to the bottom then started scrolling towards the top you will find the dep regen items select one to create a garage repeat process for other items to add

I just set up and will monitor the normalized trigger for DFP regen, currently reading 50% I believe when it approached 100% regen will start. DPF is at 0.0 do not know what it will read when regen happens

I will report back after I see a regen status. Some screen shots attached

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg