2020 High Country 6.2L Whipple Supercharger Build

14 hours ago, Transient said:

My experience with superchargers and intakes is that a CAI will make a supercharger whine louder.  Is that the case here?

I was hoping for some increased whine as a secondary benefit, but i didnt notice much difference.

At idle and low rpm i have a slight noise that sounds like the tensioner. Hollow sounding "ting" ..... pause.... "hollow "ting".... pause .... repeat. Definitely seems like it'd be belt related, but could maybe be internal noise to the s/c compressor. Hasn't bothered me enough to dig into it. 

Once you start getting into the throttle a bit, or a lot, she screams though. An evil and simultaneously heavenly scream. 

8 hours ago, darkhorse220 said:

I was hoping for some increased whine as a secondary benefit, but i didnt notice much difference.

At idle and low rpm i have a slight noise that sounds like the tensioner. Hollow sounding "ting" ..... pause.... "hollow "ting".... pause .... repeat. Definitely seems like it'd be belt related, but could maybe be internal noise to the s/c compressor. Hasn't bothered me enough to dig into it. 

Once you start getting into the throttle a bit, or a lot, she screams though. An evil and simultaneously heavenly scream. 

Anything that'll make her scream like that when you make her go is worth it, imo

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, darkhorse220 said:

Havent heard anyone mention a cold air intake and a supercharger together. I installed the GM performance intake. I liked the rotofab and the afe, but with how the intake tube and the maf is mounted, they would have required some customization. The GM is a direct fit, which is what i wanted. 

Definitely will improve airflow. Mainly installed as I'm looking to get a functional ram air hood evetually, at which point ill take the plastic top cover off. The hoods funnel air and dump right over the top of existing filter location.

20210622_221145.jpg

Was this an easy install, no mods to the intake tube?

Edited by Jeffnrivercity
fat fingered it

22 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

How are these superchargers holding up on your different trucks? Reliability issues? Was anyone able to unlock/tune the 10 speed controller?

I have had no reliability issues with the SC or related items at all.  The only issue I had was the high pressure fuel pump failing, but that is a common issue, apparently.  The canned tune isn’t the greatest, there is a little surging on acceleration and I have an issue where the cruise control will run away on hills with a load.  Generally, it is just awesome, though.

I am going to have all of the DFM related items in the valve-train removed, replace the cam and have it custom tuned, as soon as I find someone I can trust to do it.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Butch Peyton said:

Any updates on how yours is holding up in regards to trans and motor in general?

I have had no issues other than the high pressure fuel pump failure, which didn’t fail due to the SC.