How to add cab lights to a 2020+ Silverado

If you can’t get a square or messed up the square :

Follow his steps exactly, but instead of the square punch.. we used a 25mm circle hole drill, and a washer on the bottom side for the the clamp to grab on to. It sealed just as good as the way it’s supposed to work and has had no leaks 

but still would recommend the square if possible 

For the ones that have touched these lights, are the led bulbs replaceable? 

Truck is not here yet and would like to know if the bulbs can be changed out with white leds. I don't think the bezel is yellow as they look to be smoked/tinted, which I assume would have to make the bulb amber.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

For the ones that have touched these lights, are the led bulbs replaceable? 

Truck is not here yet and would like to know if the bulbs can be changed out with white leds. I don't think the bezel is yellow as they look to be smoked/tinted, which I assume would have to make the bulb amber.

You have to change the fixture itself.  the left(1 light), right(1 light) and center( 3 light).  you will have to drop the front head liner, unscrew from bottom, unplug and pup out the old units.  

Reverse to install the new ones.

Sorry for the bad news.

7 hours ago, KTDanforth said:

You have to change the fixture itself.  the left(1 light), right(1 light) and center( 3 light).  you will have to drop the front head liner, unscrew from bottom, unplug and pup out the old units.  

Reverse to install the new ones.

Sorry for the bad news.

Thank you for the heads up.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 10:53 PM, hotairgypsy said:

7 months later i have had zero issue with leaks and all is still working just fine...glad others are taking on the challenge!!!

Can you post the part numbers for the lights and the wiring harness? 

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 6:36 AM, HarrisonF said:

To the OP, did you get these factory from GM?  Also, the wiring harness I need to plug into is already in the headliner?

image.png.938e40fd381fdeff81fafbef95a330cf.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Midnight Edition. I wanted cab lights when I ordered the truck, but it would have caused a delay so the dealer decided to remove them from the order. Is the wiring harness simply in the ceiling of the truck and I just plug in the lights after I get them? Also, would drilling a 3/4" hole and filing the hole square work for installation?

23 hours ago, Riley Edwards said:

I have a 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Midnight Edition. I wanted cab lights when I ordered the truck, but it would have caused a delay so the dealer decided to remove them from the order. Is the wiring harness simply in the ceiling of the truck and I just plug in the lights after I get them? Also, would drilling a 3/4" hole and filing the hole square work for installation?

From what I understand, it is there. I have not checked my WT yet but believe it to be.

Also I was going to go that route as well, either take my time with a dremel or a file.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2021 Silverado 2500HD. Someone told me that if I add the cab lights I would possibly have to take it to a dealership for re-programming. They said the body control module would recognize the increased amperage draw from the lights and would cause me major problems with my whole system. Has anyone that has installed these lights have any issue like this?

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Ricky Salyers said:

I have a 2021 Silverado 2500HD. Someone told me that if I add the cab lights I would possibly have to take it to a dealership for re-programming. They said the body control module would recognize the increased amperage draw from the lights and would cause me major problems with my whole system. Has anyone that has installed these lights have any issue like this?

I tested on my ‘23 3500, you do not need reprogramming.

I am going to take on this task tomorrow, I already have the headliner removed. Does anyone have exact measurements, I have a template however the measurements are different than OPs. I bought the template off Ebay that states it works for a 2023. I plan on making the holes by drilling a small pilot hole and expanding with a dremel and grinding. I am also going to paint the edges and using silicone on the bottom. Thank you for the write up!

I did notice on the 2023 the rear passenger handles did not need to be removed to remove the B pillar covers. Also, the overhead console had (4) T-10 torx screws, as well as T-10 torx screws in the sun visors. Also, the white clips from the sun visors do not need to be removed from the headliner.