I am torn between Bilstein & Eibach

So, I am pulling the trigger on rear shocks first since that is where I need better ride quality. I don't know which set of shocks to go with, the 5100 or pro truck sport shocks. I have read about both and I am just torn. What sets one above the other? And where is the best place to buy from?

They are very similar in every thing I've read....use different valving methods but end result seems to be almost same......only way you will really know from your perspective is to ride in both

My guess is most wouldn't be able to tell a difference between the 2......both are good and price is reasonable

They are very similar in what they can do and not do......now bilstein or eibach vs a KING 2.5 would be a different story as they aren't in same category ....

Billy and eibach are pretty identical in spec aside from valving methods....whatever is available and best price possibly?

I went with Bilsteins. I've had 5100 on my 4Runner and loved them. 

6112 in the front and 5100 in the rear. The truck is much more composed and predictable. 

You can't go wrong with either so I understand you being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, HapaTrailBoss said:

I went with Bilsteins. I've had 5100 on my 4Runner and loved them. 

6112 in the front and 5100 in the rear. The truck is much more composed and predictable. 

You can't go wrong with either so I understand you being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

how much did you get out of front end height and what setting?.....am going similar route 6112/5160 ..just cant justify a KING setup for what i do currently and want something bit beefier in front than 5100

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

how much did you get out of front end height and what setting?.....am going similar route 6112/5160 ..just cant justify a KING setup for what i do currently and want something bit beefier in front than 5100

Front at the highest setting nets you 1.2” over a stock TB or AT4. 

My guess is they are all significantly improved over the stock ones, unfortunately without riding in them all it's hard to say and kind of a crap shoot.   One man's "board stiff" is another man's "plush"    I was also looking at the Fox 2.0's that some say are a bit softer than the 5100's.   I'd also guess it matters if you do both the front and rear or just the rears too. 

On 3/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, Donald Plaisance said:

Installed the rear 5100s and so much better of a ride. My next question is what struts do I get for the front? Do I get the leveling strut and just keep it at its lowest setting?

Nice, congrats!

What are you trying to accomplish specifically? Much like the previous answers you’ll probably be equally fine with either Bilstein or Eibach. If you got 5100’s in the rear I personally would just match it and get 5100’s in the front. They’re both quality products. Keep it at the stock OEM setting if you wish or increase the front height a little if you desire. Don’t have to got all the way up. Just measure your front and rear current measurement and think how “level” do you want your truck if any?

Edited by Duramax3oh

On 3/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, Dunn said:

Former Raptor owner here and could justify getting King 2.5’s (me personally) and I plan on doing no true off-roading. I pushed ordering off too long and when ready to pull the trigger the wait time was 5 months. 

I went with Bilstein 6112/5160 combo and am just 100% absolutely happy with the ride quality of my truck. Are they as good as the Kings - no of course not. But as someone that was willing to spend King 2.5 money front and rear to get a better ride, I will say I’m just very very pleased with how these 6112/5160’s ride - and that’s predominantly city potholes, rough roads, speed bumps, highway miles and towing. The only off roading I’ve done is on my farm in 2wd that a freaking Toyota Camry could handle. If you think that’s what you want I’m willing to bet you’ll love them for a fraction of King price. 

I have an LT 3.0 Duramax, set the front to 2” max setting and got a true 2” lift. Also put in a rear block since I tow and like having a slight rake. 

Edited by Duramax3oh

10 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Nice, congrats!

What are you trying to accomplish specifically? Much like the precious answers you’ll probably be equally fine with either Bilstein or Eibach. If you got 5100’s in the rear I personally would just match it and get 5100’s in the front. They’re both quality products. Keep it at the stock OEM setting if you wish or increase the front height a little if you desire. Don’t have to got all the way up. Just measure your front and rear current measurement and think how “level” do you want your truck if any?

I plan on going with the 5100 up front, was just unsure if I had to get the same one for leveling or if I was missing something. Truck is already level.

I have Fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and Bilstein 5100's in the rear (I got tired of waiting on Bilstein for the front).  I've had Bilstein all around before too and they were great.  Can't go wrong either way.