33s vs 35s

Hey guys,

I got a 2016 LTZ Silverado and I am looking at running either 33 or 35 Goodyear ko2s on the 20 inch ltz rims. I was wondering what the general consensus on if running 35s is worth it and how it effects fuel economy, towing, and acceleration. 

Currently the truck is leveled, but if I got 35s I would lift it with a rough country 3.5 lift kit, and might even lift it if I go with 33s. 

Tire sizes: 

33s: LT275 /60 R20 119S D1 BSW

35s: 35 x 12.50 R20 121R E2 

Thanks,

Buzzy

Edited by Buzz1

I went with a 2" front level and 33s, initially.
I then installed a 3" front level (removing the 2") and a 1" rear block with 1.5" rear spring lift - still had the 33 KO2s.
I put on a 1.5" body lift and thought "What about 35 KO2s?"
I'm glad I did it.
As far as the questions about towing, I haven't had 'em on long enough to provide feedback on that.
As far as fuel economy - not much different than the 33s - also, if one cares about such things, don't go this route.
Acceleration? On my 5.3, maybe a little different but nothing noticeable.

23 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I went with a 2" front level and 33s, initially.
I then installed a 3" front level (removing the 2") and a 1" rear block with 1.5" rear spring lift - still had the 33 KO2s.
I put on a 1.5" body lift and thought "What about 35 KO2s?"
I'm glad I did it.
As far as the questions about towing, I haven't had 'em on long enough to provide feedback on that.
As far as fuel economy - not much different than the 33s - also, if one cares about such things, don't go this route.
Acceleration? On my 5.3, maybe a little different but nothing noticeable.

Do you have any pictures of it each way? You using stock ltz rims? 

1 hour ago, WSFD6107 said:

truck1.thumb.JPG.3a82f6364649051d065075f539c42412.JPG

35x12.5x20. Just soo you get an idea of the looks

Looks great, what lift are you running. Also does anyone know if you really need the .25 spacers with factory Ltz rims with their 3.5 lift?

• Thanks 1

I did a 2.5 level kit with new UCAs and 285/75/17s (34in) toyo MTs. So far Ive lost a like 3 or 4 MPG average watching the 25 mile avg tracker on the dash. I think stock ! was seeing like 17 or 18 more often and now im seeing anywhere between 13 to 15 mpg.  I remember I lost at least 1 mpg on highway driving just from leveling it and removing the front air dam under the bumper. 

Im also not driving the highway as much with covid so thats a factor. Cruising on flat highway i used to see 18-20 instantaneous mpg but now its more like 15-17. I have corrected the tire size in the ecm btw.  You will definitely see a difference and bigger tires are not what you want if you really care about MPG.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:41 PM, Buzz1 said:

Hey guys,

I got a 2016 LTZ Silverado and I am looking at running either 33 or 35 Goodyear ko2s on the 20 inch ltz rims. I was wondering what the general consensus on if running 35s is worth it and how it effects fuel economy, towing, and acceleration. 

Currently the truck is leveled, but if I got 35s I would lift it with a rough country 3.5 lift kit, and might even lift it if I go with 33s. 

Tire sizes: 

33s: LT275 /60 R20 119S D1 BSW

35s: 35 x 12.50 R20 121R E2 

Thanks,

Buzzy

I have the RC 3.5 knuckle kit on my 2018. I'm running stock gmc 20s with 295/60r20 falken wildpeak at3, they measure 34x11.5. 

I am running 1.5" spacers and definitely had to do the norcal mod on the inner fender for clearance. Now I can fit my hand around the whole tire anywhere.

I didn't try my wheel without the spacers though. I like the stance from the 1.5" though 

20210114_145433.jpg