On 3/25/2021 at 11:23 AM, Bob Ross said:

I have considered dropping the profiles. My radio takes too long to load. If you do this will the seats still adjust to each key? If my wife drives the truck she is much shorter so having the key settings is nice. But if it solves loading screen issues it may be worth it. 

Memory seats/mirror settings are tied directly to the FOBs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, scott80109 said:

Same here. I have a '21 Canyon. If I turn it off for more than 10-15 minutes, the equalizer resets to all 0's. Had it about a month now, and I'm getting tired of it. Trying to make an appointment with the dealer to see if they can fix it. 

I wish mine reset to zeros, mine sets the mid-range to 5 and the treble to 12 and the audio sounds terrible until I adjust, also the auto volume resets to off every time as well.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, scott80109 said:

I had a couple of days where it retained the EQ settings, then today it lost them again. I started my truck up today, and everything was fine. While driving, I plugged my phone in via a USB cable, activating CarPlay. I made a quick stop where I shut my engine off, but left the phone plugged in. When I started the truck again, the EQ settings were lost, and the volume was at 0. 

I now have a theory that the settings are being lost when I plug my iPhone into the USB port BEFORE starting the vehicle. Anyone else think this might be what they're seeing? 

I have a 2021 custom and the equalizer resets randomly with no rhyme or reason. I have my moved my phone to the 12v power source with an adapter and it still resets to factory settings. It is insane and annoying.

Yes I am having this issue too with a 21 Silverado LT, no profile.  Sometimes it maintains volume and equalizer settings, sometimes it wipes them to zero (equalizer) and a much louder volume (maybe too loud even if I was still a teen....oh so long ago) level.  I haven't figured out why yet but am trying different combinations of leaving radio off/on, leaving phone unplugged (well know it's not this/Android Auto as I haven't plugged in in a few weeks) and Blue Tooth.  I unpaired my phone this morning and will see what happened, though other than "being paired" I haven't been using any sort of BT music/sound in a couple of weeks and don't think I've even gotten a phone call either.  But, seemed like something worth removing from the picture.  Very frustrating though. 

I've had a 2021 Silverado Custom for just over a month. This happens almost every time I start the truck. It's very frustrating as I upgraded the factory speakers and it doesn't hold my equalizer settings that makes them sound best. Doesn't appear GM is going to help us on this either 😠

I've had my '21 Silverado 2500 LT for almost 2 months and it's done this from day 1. Volume resets to a "medium" level and my EQ resets to all zeros whenever it decides to. It doesn't matter whether I leave it on FM, XM, Bluetooth, or plug my phone in or not; It has a mind of its own. I haven't tried resetting the radio back to factor yet, so I'll have to give that a shot and see how that goes. Hopefully GM figures something out and pushes an update to fix it, I don't really want to have to take it into the dealership if I don't have to.

Figure I'd at least follow up since resetting my radio back to factory last Friday. The good news is that I haven't had any issues since I performed the reset. So almost a week problem free when it was happening pretty much daily. Reading the posts on this forum I'm starting to think it only effects trucks that do not have the memory function for setting drivers preferences based upon which key you are using. I've noticed it's really only people with lower trim levels that seem to have issues with the volume and EQ resetting. Hopefully this "fix" stays and others hopefully can do the same to resolve their problem.