OEM Rubber Mud Flaps

I was looking at GM Parts Direct and saw that GM offers some rubber mud flaps made by Laverne. Has anyone installed them and could you post some pictures? I’d like to know how they look and how far they hang down. How about other similar styles such as Duraflap, Gatorback, etc? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rozz522

The factory plastic extensions are a waste. Drove home from the dealer with my new truck there was some mud on the road. I had mud up on the side and even on the rear bumper. Installed Husky Liners' 12inch universal mud flaps in front the factory extensions. 

mudflap frt 2.jpg

mudflap frt backside.jpg

mudflap frt.jpg

mudflap frt-rr.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jimmy, this is exactly what I was looking for. These Husky flaps look very similar to the ones offered by GM and while maybe not exact they give me an idea of the fit and finish.

Edited by Rozz522

13 hours ago, Rozz522 said:

Thanks Jimmy, this is exactly what I was looking for. These Husky flaps look very similar to the ones offered by GM and while maybe not exact they give me an idea of the fit and finish.

The Husky flaps aren't meant to mount flush like in this picture though.  They stick out further which is actually what is going to prevent the rocks from hitting the sides of the truck.

19 hours ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

The Husky flaps aren't meant to mount flush like in this picture though.  They stick out further which is actually what is going to prevent the rocks from hitting the sides of the truck.

Thanks CT, I wasn’t 100% sure on that with the Husky’s but yes I noticed that some other brands I was looking at stick out probably 3/4”-1”. I plan to keep my tires/wheels stock so I’m not overly concerned with extending them any further like the kickback flaps or a similar style. I was mostly concerned with how far they hang down.