120v outlet in bed

mcgee500

So what can we run with that outlet. I can't find anywhere in my owners manual how many amp, watts anything. Will that plug run my circular saw. Even the dealer wasn't sure about the bed plug, he said the one on the lower dash would run a charger for a laptop but not a coffee maker.

This is basically a joke! I have always driven GM products and am 95% happy with my 2021 Silverado, but this was created by GM as a sales decoy. The interior outlets can be used to charge a cell phone or a laptop, but what besides light bulbs could you use a 400watt outlet for in the bed ? The "task lights" in the mirrors are another almost useless item. The money they spent on these items would have been better spent making fog lights standard on LT models. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dgstarr63 said:

This is basically a joke! I have always driven GM products and am 95% happy with my 2021 Silverado, but this was created by GM as a sales decoy. The interior outlets can be used to charge a cell phone or a laptop, but what besides light bulbs could you use a 400watt outlet for in the bed ? The "task lights" in the mirrors are another almost useless item. The money they spent on these items would have been better spent making fog lights standard on LT models. 

I use the task lights all of the time to do things like check my mail.  They can be handy if you remember you have them. The outlet is practically useless though.  I thought it would be cool to make a pot of coffee while tent camping and it tripped the overload.  

Edited by Denali_Brad

If you really need contractor tool power then the Ford is your Answer.  Otherwise it’s a pretty basic outlet , not meant for anything that would gob power. Also the task lights come in handy from time to time , this was something GM took from Ford as Ford has had them for a while. 

Yeah my 2021 crew cab RST with all star plus, convenience package II,

Z 71 off-road package, bad protection & bucket seats. Has no lights in the visors, the courtesy lights are about equivalent as a bic lighter also no lights in the foot area. Also the arm rest consul didn’t come with an organizer tray. Unless you want to feel like digging through a 5 gallon bucket looking for your stuff you have to buy a $20 aftermarket tray on Amazon. But  has the fancy 120 V outlets that I’ll probably never use. Not to mention the auto stop..... why GM why....

Other than that I love this damn truck handles nice hell of a lot better than my 2017 I sold

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

If you really need contractor tool power then the Ford is your Answer.  Otherwise it’s a pretty basic outlet , not meant for anything that would gob power. Also the task lights come in handy from time to time , this was something GM took from Ford as Ford has had them for a while. 

Is it just available on the hybrid or is it available on them all?

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

Is it just available on the hybrid or is it available on them all?

Looks like you can get 2kw on non-hybrid models.  There is a 2.4kw & 7.2KW that's only on Hybrid models.

400w is standard on most upper trims.

image.thumb.png.23bf7e6aecabef58e3f866259f99a828.png

• Like 1