Powder coated my wheels, before & after pics.

In my rural area there are only a few guys doing powder coating and the guy I went with was the only one that would even reply and give me a quote. I’m sure in a bigger area with lots of competition the price would of been different. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

You are a product of your own decisions and actions.  

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

A flair for understatement you have.

Very Zen of you.

But I'm not moving to a new State to get cheaper powder coating, another for gasoline, another for...or for...or for

? 

• Haha 1

I actually like the stock GM rims so i would have done same......I used to get alot of powder coating done but in LA there are alot them and price does seem high but not as high as new rims.....

havent seen many rims that look good and they all kinda look the same so stock ones look great in silver or black

6 hours ago, Dunn said:

I actually like the stock GM rims so i would have done same......I used to get alot of powder coating done but in LA there are alot them and price does seem high but not as high as new rims.....

havent seen many rims that look good and they all kinda look the same so stock ones look great in silver or black

I couldn’t find a rim I liked better and most aftermarket ones messed with the offset and had them sticking out more which I did not want. It’s hard enough to keep clean without wheels sticking way out. 

20 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

Looks awesome! PS where did you guys get the black lug nuts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z75DPWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

..but you might want to check with "lapoolboy" before you purchase these to make sure your not getting "ripped off".

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, Space Wrangler said:

The OEM black lug nuts are so expensive that I figured it's worth the risk to take a chance on these.  Time will tell, I guess.

I got these and they work well.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Pc-2017-2020-CHEVY-1500-BLACK-OEM-TYPE-SOLID-WHEEL-LUG-NUTS-14x1-50-1709LBK-/273869403742?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

35 minutes ago, Wakinvol said:

This is just me...and my opinion,  but I don't think black wheels will jive with all that chrome. To get a more aggressive look try a more aggressive tire first. Chrome can be mean if done properly...  

I agree. I’m a huge chrome wheel guy. Would have them all year long if didn’t live in Midwest with our terrible winters.  They look really sleek and stylish if done right.