Dash rattle anyone else?

Anyone experiencing a slight dash rattle in their 2019+?  Feels/sounds like its coming from the centre around the defrost vent or possibly the sunglass holder but I doubt its that piece.  I'm having a hard time pinpointing where it is exactly coming from.

The rattle has basically come out of no where, no noticeable rattle/sounds prior to the last few weeks.  It is winter now and it is damn cold up here in Canadian prairies, but other than being parked outside during work day its parked in a heated garage the rest of the time.  I suppose it could be the cold, but like I  said i can still hear it when driving to work after pulling out of the garage after driving for 20-25mins

Anyone dealing with the same or hearing the same and able to tell me where it is coming from/the fix? 

Edited by 204Denali

Mine was in the dash as well and I took it into the dealership and they had to relocate the transmission harness because they have had a few T1s with this issue. He also stated that a couple of the screws holding down the center console were loose and he put loctite on them so they wouldn’t  come back out. Haven’t heard any rattles from dash since. 

22 hours ago, Troger said:

Yea I have a rattle in that same area.  I tried to locate it by putting pressure on different parts of the dash with no luck.  It changes with different temps as some days there is no rattle at all.

Yeah exactly the same, have not been able to pinpoint it, and it comes and goes based on temperature it seems.  Makes me wonder if its simply just expansion vs contraction of the plastics

16 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Mine was in the dash as well and I took it into the dealership and they had to relocate the transmission harness because they have had a few T1s with this issue. He also stated that a couple of the screws holding down the center console were loose and he put loctite on them so they wouldn’t  come back out. Haven’t heard any rattles from dash since. 

Not sure the trans harness would be my issue, but the screws would make sense.  I'll have to see what the dealership thinks, and I may just wait until it gets worse (hopefully not) before taking it in to ensure they actually can fix it and not give the "couldnt replicate what your talking about" 

28 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

Yeah exactly the same, have not been able to pinpoint it, and it comes and goes based on temperature it seems.  Makes me wonder if its simply just expansion vs contraction of the plastics

Not sure the trans harness would be my issue, but the screws would make sense.  I'll have to see what the dealership thinks, and I may just wait until it gets worse (hopefully not) before taking it in to ensure they actually can fix it and not give the "couldnt replicate what your talking about" 

That’s why I drove when I got to the dealership and took him for a ride. I went over ever d@mn pot-hole and railroad track I could find. He noticed it and I told them don’t give it back till it’s fixed. They took about a week.  

Its related to cold temps.  I could duplicate it by pressing in a certain area of the defrost grill to the left of the light sensor. Somedays it would make the noise and other days no noise at all.   There is a 7mm head screw located under there that can be removed and it will lessen the noise.  I removed the screws one at a time and retested. I think it was one just to the left of the light sensor.  My noise was more of a creaking/etching type noise

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

That’s why I drove when I got to the dealership and took him for a ride. I went over ever d@mn pot-hole and railroad track I could find. He noticed it and I told them don’t give it back till it’s fixed. They took about a week.  

This is my fear lol.  Thinking this might be happening to me in the near future.  In process of getting the wife a new car, so after that this becomes my next priority.

11 hours ago, Kent Hagler said:

Its related to cold temps.  I could duplicate it by pressing in a certain area of the defrost grill to the left of the light sensor. Somedays it would make the noise and other days no noise at all.   There is a 7mm head screw located under there that can be removed and it will lessen the noise.  I removed the screws one at a time and retested. I think it was one just to the left of the light sensor.  My noise was more of a creaking/etching type noise

This makes sense to me.  To clarify, popping out the defrost grille and the screws beneath is what you are referring to? 

16 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

This is my fear lol.  Thinking this might be happening to me in the near future.  In process of getting the wife a new car, so after that this becomes my next priority.

This makes sense to me.  To clarify, popping out the defrost grille and the screws beneath is what you are referring to? 

Its more of a plastic on plastic etching noise and yes, below the grill

1 hour ago, Mike Borowski said:

Mine seems to happen in relation to the engine.  Doesn't really happen when idling then it happens a little gets worse around 1000-1500 RMP then goes away.  But not always.  It's very random but annoying!

Yours might be related to the wire harness or the fuel/evap lines contacting the floor pan.  There is a pi available for this concern

• 3 years later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:19 AM, Kent Hagler said:

Yours might be related to the wire harness or the fuel/evap lines contacting the floor pan.  There is a pi available for this concern

What is a pi? And where can I find the harness or the lines?

On 1/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, Mike Borowski said:

Mine seems to happen in relation to the engine.  Doesn't really happen when idling then it happens a little gets worse around 1000-1500 RMP then goes away.  But not always.  It's very random but annoying!

Ever figure it out?

I have a slight vib/rattle to the right of center dash. It only does it just coming off idle and only when it's first started.  After about 3 to 5 minutes it goes away.  Idle no rattle, light throttle input rattle, RPM goes above 1000 and it's goes away.  I don't get the vibration on deceleration passing said RPM range only when accelerating.  Makes me wonder if it's exhaust related and once heated tolerances change enough to make it go away. 

Edited by SFLTruck

• 6 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:56 AM, 204Denali said:

Anyone experiencing a slight dash rattle in their 2019+?  Feels/sounds like its coming from the centre around the defrost vent or possibly the sunglass holder but I doubt its that piece.  I'm having a hard time pinpointing where it is exactly coming from.

The rattle has basically come out of no where, no noticeable rattle/sounds prior to the last few weeks.  It is winter now and it is damn cold up here in Canadian prairies, but other than being parked outside during work day its parked in a heated garage the rest of the time.  I suppose it could be the cold, but like I  said i can still hear it when driving to work after pulling out of the garage after driving for 20-25mins

Anyone dealing with the same or hearing the same and able to tell me where it is coming from/the fix? 

My wife's 2023 Chevy 1500 is making this awfully annoying rattling sound. Coming from the center of her dashboard sounds like middle dashboard inside. She has a full bumper to bumper warranty but chevy says to open the dash it will be $1500. Anyone have any help for us?

I had a rattle that I thought was coming from the centre of the dash or a piece of nearby trim.

Turned out the drivers side sun visor was against the clip, but not snapped into the clip...