Hello, I've done quite a bit of searching on this topic and can't really seem to find a fix. Was wondering if anyone could help me out here as it's starting to get annoying. In my 2014 Chevy Silverado, my options to connect a new phone to bluetooth are greyed out. It doesn't let me click it at all. Another thing that is maybe just coincidence is my onstar seems to not be working either. There is a red light instead of a green one on my rear view mirror. Every now and then it'll go green for 2-3 seconds, and then turn to red. Not sure if this has anything to do with the bluetooth. 

The troubleshooting I have done is: 

Taken the radio out, cleaned the plugs, refitted them and reattached the radio; Nothing. 

Fooled with the wire behind my rear view mirror to see if it's a bad connection of some sort; Nothing. 

Tried to pair my phone through voice and any other work around; Nothing. 

Removed all previous devices, and still nothing. 

Im kind of at loss here, any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The HMI box is behind the lower glove compartment, check the connection there. You could have accidently bump them while changing the cabin filter. That's also where the Onstar is connected to. Search YouTube they have a lot of video on HMI.