Hey guys, I just got my truck leveled or lifted whichever you want to call it. I went with the rough country 3.5inch lifted struts and their upper control arms. I have 2wd so I don’t need any diff drops because I don’t have a front diff. Anyhow after I got everything installed with wheels as well (22x14) I started to hear this clunk/pop sound when I would turn the wheel. Sometimes it does it when I turn right or left. Sometimes it does it when I’m almost at full lock or just a slight turn of the wheel. I had the guys check it out and they said it was worn endlinks so I replaced those but now it still makes the noise. Any suggestions what it could be? It was not making this noise before the lift. They said it is normal to hear noises when lifting a truck because it’s not longer fully “stock” and won’t be again. But I don’t believe that. Am I worried about the sound or should I just not let it bother me? Any suggestions on what it could be would be great thanks! 

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

The pop is likey due to the struts. You have any pics of the truck? How much needed to be cut?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The strut? What do you mean by cut? They didn’t cut anything it was a bolt on kit they just replaced the old strut with a new one as far as km aware? 

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

So you did not have to cut the wheel well to fit the 14 wides?

No sir nothing has been cut on my wheel wheels. I haven’t modified anything to fit them. They fit pretty good for being only a 3.5inch “lift” 

Like to see pictures of that 14 wide on level kit sounds like it would need a lot of cutting to turn ( had level kit with 20x10 on 33s that rubbed at full lock) 
Exactly. I had to nor cal to fit 20x10 and 33s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Exactly. I had to nor cal to fit 20x10 and 33s.

I will get some pics but I can do a u turn on a 3 lane road which isn’t too bad for being on 14s. And I’m on street tires not 33s or mts/ats 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500, 101,000 miles. I have a very slight “clunk/pop” feel in my steering wheel when I turn at 0-5 mph. It just started happening. My ball joints and front end bushings are all good. Has anyone found any solutions if they’ve experienced this similar problem? Any help is appreciated.