2021 GMC 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro 4Play Wheels ReadyLift 1.75" Leveling Kit

Hope this may help someone - 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro 4Play Wheels ReadyLift 1.75" Leveling Kit

I just purchased a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4. These are the parts I installed:

4Play Wheels - Model 4P08 - 22x10 -18 Offset

Purchase 4 Hub-Centric Rings!

Nitto Terra Grappler Tires - 305/45/r22

ReadyLift Leveling Kit

4Play Wheels -

The -18 Offset is so incredibly close to the caliper hump but they clear. No spacers required. They look pretty good. They don't stick out excessively which my personal preference is slightly outside the fender but no where near the -44 Offset look. I personally do not care for solid black wheels on black trucks because you loose the wheel pattern. I live in Texas so 90% of every vehicle is a truck so you see plenty of them. These have Gunmetal Gray powder coat on the top of the spokes so there is some color offset but they mostly look like solid black wheels from a distance. I debated whether to get the all Gunmetal Gray for a major change to the look but I went conservative with black and Gunmetal spokes. You must purchase 4 Hub-Centric Rings. I got everything from Nick at BBWheels and they were awesome and very good pricing.

ReadyLift:

Part # - 66-3921 - 2019-2021 AT4 1.75" Leveling Kit:

I think instructions say like 3 hours. Ya No, at least not in my driveway with basic hand tools and floor jack and no experience. I also had no experience with CV joints so I made sure to run a strap around spindle so it did not fall back and bind or pull the CV joint out of the transfer case and take care of the angle and how much the CV joint was moving in and out, binding and making sure the strut bolt and strut bolt factory press on nut did not tear boot. This was not easy. Drivers side with setup took about 5 hours. Passenger side once I knew what I was doing took less than hour. Also did not have the large like 37mm socket for the spindle nut so I had to go to Northern Tool to purchase one. All they had was a 38mm and it worked. So I really do not know the correct size of the spindle nut but I got the job done and torqued. In the end for me the job probably rated a 7 out of 10 on difficulty scale simply because of taking care of the CV joints and getting the struts in and out without tearing the CV boots or pulling it out of the transfer case. One other note. I did not like the factory pressed on bottom strut nut. It is too tall and pointy and comes to close to the CV boot when working on the install and after. I removed this nut with a screw driver and mounted the strut bolt top down with a lock nut on the bottom on the side closest to the CV boot. Also got the ReadyLift from Nick at BBWheels.

Nitto Terra Grappler Tires:

To begin I made Discount Tire price match an Amazon price for 33x12.5 Terra Grappler's. Saved like $120 so do it. Next Discount said Corporate would not allow the sale of 33/12.5's because of the AT4's load rating. They said 305/45/r22's had the correct larger load rating so no big deal. They still sold them for the matched Amazon price. Tires ride great no noise look really good. My AT4 has the trailer option so I had 4 tire pressure sensors in glove box. I gave to Discount so they did not have to break down my stock wheels and remove sensors.

CV Angle:

The only concern I have simply because this was my first 4 Wheel Drive lift kit I ever installed is CV angles? I Googled 2019/2020 GMC Sierra AT4 CV joint angles after lift and mine looks like everyone else's so? I put an angle finder on the top side of CV shaft before and after. Before on Drivers Side it was +4 after lift +12. Bottomside of Drivers Lower Control Arm +9 after lift +15 degrees. Passenger Side it was -10 after lift -19. Bottoms side of Passenger Lower Control Arm -10 after lift -18 degrees. Does anyone have any expertise on this? Does this seem acceptable? Not sure how or if these angles will change after alignment?

2021AT4-2.JPG

2021AT4-3.JPG

2021AT4-4.JPG

Edited by SATXAT4
Wheel width correction
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice truck! I'm looking at the 4P80R 4Play wheels and will have to do the ReadyLift leveling kit as well. 

I'm going with a 285/50/22 set of Nitto tires. Have you had any issues with the leveling kit? 

Any rubbing or trimming you had to do?

Thanks!