Hello,

Getting close to 2nd oil change on my 2020 Sierra 3.0L Duramax.  To make certain I purchase the correct oil, I've included a link below.  The best I can determine its the Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W-20 which has the DexosD rating.  Other than the AC Delco DexosD, can others confirm that this is the correct oil for the 3.0 L Duramax?  It appears at this point the local auto parts stores do not stock the Mobil 1 ESP OW-20 as of yet.

The link below gives the product description.  Thanks - J Tab

www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-esp-x2-0w-20/

mobil-1-esp-x2-0w-20-fs-product.jpg

4 hours ago, Desmo said:

Sounds like the plan if shipping is reasonable.  Comparing prices on Amazon and Ebay, that deal is hard to beat.  Mobil 1 ESP will have to wait.

The local Advance Auto has the gall to sell Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 for $12.99 a quart.  They can't even get the ESP (DexosD) 0W-20.

Thanks - J Tab

5 hours ago, Jaketab said:

The minimum shipping charge to my address from the Dmax Store is $26.00 for the 7 quarts + filter.  Not a good buy.  Better off going to the dealer.  Tough to find Wal Mart prices on this oil.

Damn, that's double what they want to ship to me. Maybe they will do a quantity discount if you purchase more than one kit, to make the the shipping costs worth it. Also similar kits can be found on Ebay and Amazon. If you put enough miles on your truck, the dealership should offer some oil change packages where you pay ahead for a number of oil changes for a discount. Hopefully someday the Mobil1 DexosD 0w20 will be at Walmart ?

Free shipping $80:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BS5HD1P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_pq93FbY0QJ7X6

Edited by Desmo

Hey, another source that is now available is AMSOIL.  They have the 0w-20 oil for the new 3.0 diesel.

If interested let me know and send me a PM with an address and I can quote you a price for how much you want delivered to your door.

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Hey, another source that is now available is AMSOIL.  They have the 0w-20 oil for the new 3.0 diesel.

If interested let me know and send me a PM with an address and I can quote you a price for how much you want delivered to your door.

Must of just of came out with it, I emailed Amsoil back in October and said they didn't anything for the GM 3.0l and didn't know when they would.

Good to see another source

-Grover67

1 hour ago, Grover67 said:

Must of just of came out with it, I emailed Amsoil back in October and said they didn't anything for the GM 3.0l and didn't know when they would.

Good to see another source

-Grover67

Yes, it just got released on the 16th of this month.

49 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Yes, it just got released on the 16th of this month.

Is it licensed and DexosD labelled or  'amsoil tested' and claiming equivalence?

Edited by redwngr

11 hours ago, redwngr said:

Is it licensed and DexosD labelled or  'amsoil tested' and claiming equivalence?

The only ones that are on the GM approved list are the AC Delco and the Mobil Super 3000 XE2. 

AMSOIL's 0w-20 meets/exceeds the dexosD specification.  It is very expensive  to license per the manufacture. 

Edited by Black02Silverado

11 hours ago, redwngr said:

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

The only ones that are on the GM approved list are the AC Delco and the Mobil Super 3000 XE2. 

AMSOIL's 0w-20 meets/exceeds the dexosD specification.  It is very expensive license per the manufacture. 

I'm sure the Amsoil guys can back this up...

"Dexos" is a license and the family of GM Oil Specifications.  The goal for all oil manufacturers is to meet and or exceed the Dexos spec.  I've never used Amsoil, but I've come to understand that they are more of the "exceed" rather than the "meet" of the Dexos specification.  And some independent testing seems to come back highly in favor of their products when it comes to the VOA and the examination of their additive packages over the big players. 

Most of the big brand names will 99% "meet" the Dexos spec to be a licensed oil, but there is no guarantee they exceed it. 

Edited by newdude

On 12/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, Jaketab said:

Hello,

Getting close to 2nd oil change on my 2020 Sierra 3.0L Duramax.  To make certain I purchase the correct oil, I've included a link below.  The best I can determine its the Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W-20 which has the DexosD rating.  Other than the AC Delco DexosD, can others confirm that this is the correct oil for the 3.0 L Duramax?  It appears at this point the local auto parts stores do not stock the Mobil 1 ESP OW-20 as of yet.

The link below gives the product description.  Thanks - J Tab

www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-esp-x2-0w-20/

Pending approval per Mobil but yes it will be a DexosD licensed oil.  

Mobil 1™ ESP X2 0W-20