GM Wish List

On 12/20/2020 at 12:31 AM, Dirtbiker said:

1. A way to turn off the stabilicrap like before the 2014’s. it doesn’t work on ice. 

2. No more AFM/DFM.

3. I did have the rain sensing wipers mentioned above on my 2008. If I hadn’t found a way to disconnect them I was going to trade off a brand new truck. They don’t work in sleet / drizzle conditions. At least for areas that get snow they are horrible. But when a large bug hits the windshield they smear all the bugs really well in the summer ha ha. 
4. No automatically shutting the engine off. 

Auto wipers shut off by rotating the wiper control to the off position, just like manual wipers. of course GM seems to have an issue offering "off" positions on many of its features. I've had 3 vehicles with auto wipers from 3 different manufacturers, they always worked perfectly. I can turn them off, I can adjust the sensitivity, they worked great in sleet and drizzle, they always set the wiper speed just how I wanted it as if it were reading my mind. and of course when the semi next to you hits a puddle of slush and throws it up over your windshield the autowipers set the speed to max to clear it off so fast you barely even have time to register that you can't see before the windshield is clear. manual wipers smear bugs exactly the same way auto wipers do...or don't, when you set them to the off position when they aren't needed. it doesn't change anything about the wipers themselves.

Seems other companies have managed to make the system work flawlessly, if GM's autowipers are lousy that's a problem with GMs implementation, not the concept itself.

3 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

Auto wipers shut off by rotating the wiper control to the off position, just like manual wipers. of course GM seems to have an issue offering "off" positions on many of its features. I've had 3 vehicles with auto wipers from 3 different manufacturers, they always worked perfectly. I can turn them off, I can adjust the sensitivity, they worked great in sleet and drizzle, they always set the wiper speed just how I wanted it as if it were reading my mind. and of course when the semi next to you hits a puddle of slush and throws it up over your windshield the autowipers set the speed to max to clear it off so fast you barely even have time to register that you can't see before the windshield is clear. manual wipers smear bugs exactly the same way auto wipers do...or don't, when you set them to the off position when they aren't needed. it doesn't change anything about the wipers themselves.

Seems other companies have managed to make the system work flawlessly, if GM's autowipers are lousy that's a problem with GMs implementation, not the concept itself.

Oh that’s how you shut them off ha ha. Thank you. I was fully aware of that thanks. I am 46 years old. I sometimes would forget them on in the summer and wouldn’t realize it until a big bug hit the windshield. That was never my concern though, only a laughing point.

MY wipers would not work in sleet or light drizzle. They simply would not come on. I would have to flick them off and on every 30 seconds (or whatever interval I needed) to get the window wiped.  Just like my 1988 Ford ranger that I had with no delay wipers. They were garbage. Yes that is a GM problem I guess. Regardless they didn't not work. And GM must have figured it out as the option wasn’t offered 2 years later. 

Thank you very much for your smart ass reply though. It makes for good entertainment I guess ha ha. 

2 hours ago, Dirtbiker said:

Oh that’s how you shut them off ha ha. Thank you. I was fully aware of that thanks. I am 46 years old. I sometimes would forget them on in the summer and wouldn’t realize it until a big bug hit the windshield. That was never my concern though, only a laughing point.

MY wipers would not work in sleet or light drizzle. They simply would not come on. I would have to flick them off and on every 30 seconds (or whatever interval I needed) to get the window wiped.  Just like my 1988 Ford ranger that I had with no delay wipers. They were garbage. Yes that is a GM problem I guess. Regardless they didn't not work. And GM must have figured it out as the option wasn’t offered 2 years later. 

Thank you very much for your smart ass reply though. It makes for good entertainment I guess ha ha. 

smart [inappropriate language] reply?

I suppose the take away is GM hasn't been able to make usable auto wipers where other manufacturers have succeeded.

Have a wonderful day sir or madam.