GM Wish List

That RCSB is awesome! I had a 15 RCSB...loved it. Miss it sometimes. 

I also don't want a crew cab reg bed. I want the double. I don't need a truck that long. It was an option last year.

I like the aesthetics of the Elevation a lot. The wheels, the monochromatic. I dig it. I just wish it had leather.

And no slider! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeamSaris said:

I also don't want a crew cab reg bed. I want the double. I don't need a truck that long. It was an option last year.

I like the aesthetics of the Elevation a lot. The wheels, the monochromatic. I dig it. I just wish it had leather.

And no slider! 

I know it is something GM should offer as an option.  But Katzkin is a good option to get leather and most dealers can do it for you before you pick it up.  

What issues were you having with your 8 speed?  

8 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

I know it is something GM should offer as an option.  But Katzkin is a good option to get leather and most dealers can do it for you before you pick it up.  

What issues were you having with your 8 speed?  

The hesitation between 1st and 2nd. It's been better since I had it re-flashed and the fluid changed, but still does it. Inherent 8spd issue. I dealt with it for a while, and actually grew to still love the truck. If the 10spd was available when I got my truck I would have went for it. But that became an option about 2 weeks after I got mine lol

If it werent for employee pricing and how high trade in values are I wouldnt be doing it. But its a fairly cheap upgrade right now. 

Edited by TeamSaris

3 hours ago, Jac365 said:

In my case I do NOT need or WANT a crew cab. I want double cab standard bed. Not the longer wheel base quad cab standard bed.

And for 21 the SLT is NOT available in double cab. Only Elevation, SLE ,Etc. SLT, AT4  and Denali are quad cab only, but different bed lengths are available.

As I said, I 'probably misunderstood' the original post.

My interpretation was wanting a standard bed and didn't really care about cab - so provided the info incase that was correct.

All 1500 DC's are 'standard bed' so listing bed size for one is redundant. 

Yes, currently all Sierra DC's are either SLE or Elevation.

The only thing I wish my truck had......the ability to disable the stupid auto door lock feature.  I guess it's a GM thing because my 2017 Denali was the same.

3 hours ago, 71_340 said:

The only thing I wish my truck had......the ability to disable the stupid auto door lock feature.  I guess it's a GM thing because my 2017 Denali was the same.

Auto locking of the doors, on a running vehicle, when the shift lever is moved out of Park can not be disabled. From the 2020 manual page 27: "Automatic door locking cannot be disabled."

50 minutes ago, sharkeysierra said:

You can disable, I enabled mine after I saw it was possible.

Auto locking/delayed locking (passive locking) of your doors after you exit a parked vehicle can be disabled.

No expertise implied or expressed

Extended cab in the high end trim levels definitely.

More power...a lot more power...bring back something worthy of the SS nameplate, beat the TRX's power numbers.

chrome delete

AFM delete

A.S.S. (auto start stop) delete

autolights delete

DRL delete

auto shutdown delete

onstar delete...right to opt out of all data collection, tracking, any communications of any kind.

1990's era aerial radio antenna delete

mirror reverse angle down timeout that resets the mirrors back to their normal position while you are reversing and still using them in their backup mode delete.

that stupid reminder that happens every few weeks to not drive distracted (which is itself a distraction) delete.

add sunglasses holder.

some USB ports that are not data-enabled. GoPro recognizes the USB as if its connected to a computer and locks out the interface.

ability to disable the TPMS. no sensors in the winter wheels, the warnings that TPMS is not active are over the top.

floor/console shifter (or manual transmission, but lets be realistic here) and absolutely never ever ever switch to one of those rotary knobby things, or worse yet, pushbuttons.

paddle shifters on the wheel.

Remember what driving mode I put it in and STAY THERE! put in sport mode before driving off the lot, stays there for the life of the truck

seat heaters turn on automatically on startup when cold, seat heaters that do not turn themselves off. better heaters...like what the 03-06 had.

power pedals (memory system)

power wheel adjust (memory system)

rain sensing wipers (2020 year model, 75k MSRP...no auto wipers? huh?)

why the heck can I not use auto high beams when the fog lights are on? I've had plenty of much cheaper cars with auto high beams that had no problem working while the fog lights were on, they just turned the fog lights off whenever the high beam was active.

keep the fog lights on with the high beams! probably a regulatory thing preventing this. but seriously, GM has lobbyists able to fight for less regulation in fuel economy, emissions, factories...how about asking them to convince a lawmaker to allow us to have fog lights at high beams on at the same time?

LED projector headlights instead of LED reflectors.

fog lights that aren't completely useless.

a stereo that isn't crappy, or at least one that is more friendly to complete replacement.

at least one nice looking factory wheel option

larger sunroof like all the competition has

rear sliding glass that doesn't leak.

interior lights that don't suck.

10 unit increments on the speedometer...and an option for those of us who don't like our instrument clusters to be something out of a Nintendo game to still opt for a well laid out fully analog cluster with a smaller high res color DIC...on the high end models.

digital speedometer in the hud that refreshes faster than he truck is able to accelerate or decelerate by 1 speed unit.

outside temperature indicator that is still visible when using android auto.

more information available in the cluster in general.

ability to check/clear DTCs in the cluster.

option to auto fold/auto deploy the power folding mirrors.

bed lights auto-on when the tailgate is lowered when its dark out (and timeout after say 1 hour)

control to turn bed lights on/off that is accessible from the rear of the bed.

rearrange the driver controls so that they make even some degree of sense...seriously, the "task lights" button is integrated into the headlights control knob...and the fog lights button is elsewhere, with the interior dimmer controls in between them. was the designer drunk?

option for a lower stock ride height.

I love this truck, it's fantastic, but the list of things I have to add/delete/change to make it look and drive the way I want is longer than any vehicle I've ever owned.

It does have some really surprisingly nice features here and there though. Even little things. whoever thought of the ability to quickly and easily decide if you want the 12V outlets hot at all times or switched ignition/RAP was a genius. I wish more cars would do this!

• Like 1

1. A way to turn off the stabilicrap like before the 2014’s. it doesn’t work on ice. 

2. No more AFM/DFM.

3. I did have the rain sensing wipers mentioned above on my 2008. If I hadn’t found a way to disconnect them I was going to trade off a brand new truck. They don’t work in sleet / drizzle conditions. At least for areas that get snow they are horrible. But when a large bug hits the windshield they smear all the bugs really well in the summer ha ha. 
4. No automatically shutting the engine off. 

21 hours ago, TeamSaris said:

And no slider! 

The stock leather in these trucks suk. 

The stock leather in these trucks suk. 
While I agree the leather quality isn't that great IMHO the leather in my SLT is better than the leather that was in my F150 Platinum. The Ford leather on the seats had a very cheesy feel and the dash pad was plastic with fake stitching trying to be disguised as leather. Totally pathetic for a 65k msrp truck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSW1519 said:

While I agree the leather quality isn't that great IMHO the leather in my SLT is better than the leather that was in my F150 Platinum. The Ford leather on the seats had a very cheesy feel and the dash pad was plastic with fake stitching trying to be disguised as leather. Totally pathetic for a 65k msrp truck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yet all the automotive magazine companies bash GMs interior and praise Ford and Rams. Most my family members drive Furds and I have always thought their interiors were full of hard plastic and cheap looking/feeling. Glad to hear someone else who has owned one state it. 

I like our interiors. My High Country has a lot soft touch materials, is simple to use and navigate 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Yet all the automotive magazine companies bash GMs interior and praise Ford and Rams. Most my family members drive Furds and I have always thought their interiors were full of hard plastic and cheap looking/feeling. Glad to hear someone else who has owned one state it. 

I like our interiors. My High Country has a lot soft touch materials, is simple to use and navigate 

I agree with you. My Ford was an 18, and I could never understand how much praise the interior got. To me the dash pieces were hard plastic and the fit & finish was just ok, and really didn't meet a "platinum" level vehicle.  

Before I ordered my SLT I drove the Ram, the Chevy and the GMC. I have to say the Ram interior is really nice and has a premium feel to the materials, and honestly felt like the GM Twins interior was nicer than the Ford. I have no complaints with the interior and really like my truck. I also think the dash layout on the GM twins is more user friendly then the Ford. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 2