GM Wish List

Here are a few things I wish were options with GM right now.

1. Double Cab Reg Length Bed AT4....like you could get last year. 

2. Leather on an Elevation

3. Preferred Package without the Sliding Glass Window....they 

know they have an issue....why keep pushing them?

4. 5.3 10spd Chevy. I would love the 6.2, but between the stop sale and being too cheap to buy 91, the 5.3 is perfect for me. 

Im pretty sure Im going to trade my 5.3 8spd Elevation for a 5.3 10spd one next week. I love my truck but Ive had it with the 8spd. Unfortunately, the new one has a sliding glass window. I guess Ill just deal with it. What I really want is a Double Cab Reg Length Bed 10spd truck with leather and buckets. The Elevation is the best compromise for me. But why should we have to compromise on a 50k truck? 

Edited by TeamSaris

2 hours ago, TeamSaris said:

Here are a few things I wish were options with GM right now.

1. Double Cab Reg Length Bed AT4....like you could get last year. 

2. Leather on an Elevation

3. Preferred Package without the Sliding Glass Window....they 

know they have an issue....why keep pushing them?

4. 5.3 10spd Chevy. I would love the 6.2, but between the stop sale and being too cheap to buy 91, the 5.3 is perfect for me. 

Im pretty sure Im going to trade my 5.3 8spd Elevation for a 5.3 10spd one next week. I love my truck but Ive had it with the 8spd. Unfortunately, the new one has a sliding glass window. I guess Ill just deal with it. What I really want is a Double Cab Reg Length Bed 10spd truck with leather and buckets. The Elevation is the best compromise for me. But why should we have to compromise on a 50k truck? 

I have the double cab, standard bed AT4 ,5.3  heavily loaded but without a sunroof. (Don't care for sunroofs) Almost exactly what I want. The only thing I would prefer is a 10 speed tranny but it was not available with the 5.3 at the time. Now that it is I can no longer get the AT4 in double cab. I wonder if the 8 speed could be changed to a 10 speed??

I'm probably miss understanding the original post, but the 2021 AT4 crew is still available with the standard or short bed, but the cab must be a crew. 

2021 1500 AT4  --   Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 models.    (the * can be either a 5 -for short bed, or a 7 - for standard bed, 43 is crew, 53 is double cab)

(means crew, 4wd and short or standard bed, standard bed being the double cab length)

2020 1500 AT4 -- Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 and 4WD Double Cab TK10753 models. 

(4wd crew with either box length, or a double cab with 'standard' box length)

So the DC cab length got dropped from AT4 trim, but both box sizes are available

For '21,

L84 version of the 5.3L is standard on AT4 and is available with 10 speed is standard on AT4

6.2 and 3.0 get the 10 speed as standard

4wd SLT will have the seats, and is available in double cab, with 5.3/10speed (or in crew with either box length)

4wd Denali is also available with either box length, has a 10 speed, and can be had with 5.3 or 6.2 or 3.0.

22 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I'm probably miss understanding the original post, but the 2021 AT4 crew is still available with the standard or short bed, but the cab must be a crew. 

2021 1500 AT4  --   Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 models.    (the * can be either a 5 -for short bed, or a 7 - for standard bed, 43 is crew, 53 is double cab)

(means crew, 4wd and short or standard bed, standard bed being the double cab length)

2020 1500 AT4 -- Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 and 4WD Double Cab TK10753 models. 

(4wd crew with either box length, or a double cab with 'standard' box length)

So the DC cab length got dropped from AT4 trim, but both box sizes are available

For '21,

L84 version of the 5.3L is standard on AT4 and is available with 10 speed is standard on AT4

6.2 and 3.0 get the 10 speed as standard

4wd SLT will have the seats, and is available in double cab, with 5.3/10speed (or in crew with either box length)

4wd Denali is also available with either box length, has a 10 speed, and can be had with 5.3 or 6.2 or 3.0.

In my case I do NOT need or WANT a crew cab. I want double cab standard bed. Not the longer wheel base quad cab standard bed.

And for 21 the SLT is NOT available in double cab. Only Elevation, SLE ,Etc. SLT, AT4  and Denali are quad cab only, but different bed lengths are available.

Edited by Jac365
  • Like 1

Crew cab, 10 speed with paddle shifters on steering wheel, 6.2L supercharged, ZL1 suspension, 24 inch wheels, lowered like the old 03-06 SS trucks, tow 8k lbs, ram air hood and dual rear exit exhaust with quad tips. 

GM needs to make a street performance truck and also offer you guys that love off roading  a ZR2 model that is supercharged with all the suspension goodies to make it compete with Fords Raptor and Rams TRX. 

• Like 1